Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just got my new Apple watch Ultra and was thinking....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I'm sure this has been mentioned many times. The new Apple Watch Ultra, is "all that and a bag of chips". The larger screen just seems to be begging for a Tesla app integration. I can't tell you how many times I've had to turn around to retrieve my phone which I had forgotten on the console. This could pretty much, eliminate that.Just wondering if there are records of Teslas being stolen,due to people leaving the phone (key) in the car?

91AC7686-389F-4762-A644-5F14A1E2720F.jpg

There is an app for the car but it is a 3rd party app. So you need to give it your password etc .
My hope is that one day soon Tesla extends there iPhone app to the Watch.
As I won't give any 3rd party access to my car.

see ‎Watch app for Tesla
Thank you. Just not sure if this can allow the watch to replace the phone, with regards to unlocking, etc,

I've been using Watch for Tesla for a while and the following is the set up in my  Watch Ultra. The bottom left is a Shortcut to precondition the MY to 19C in the cold morning. Everything works really well since I have cellular service on my Ultra.

Watch for Tesla.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention that you can purchase a watch band that will work as the Key Card would.
Not cheap, not a heavy duty watch strap that would meet the specs of the Ultra bands.
Not for swimming but they look not too bad.

I'm mulling over the possibility of purchasing one, but I'm still on the fence.

I forgot to mention that you can purchase a watch band that will work as the Key Card would.
Not cheap, not a heavy duty watch strap that would meet the specs of the Ultra bands.
Not for swimming but they look not too bad.

I'm mulling over the possibility of purchasing one, but I'm still on the fence.

Slick website. Overpriced like crazy. From what I understand (or not), they put an RFID in the band and for this, charge an outrageous price. Also not crazy about the materials and lack of ruggedness. Thank you for sharing, though. I'll wait for Tesla to eventually come out with a Watch® app for it.

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times. The new Apple Watch Ultra, is "all that and a bag of chips". The larger screen just seems to be begging for a Tesla app integration. I can't tell you how many times I've had to turn around to retrieve my phone which I had forgotten on the console. This could pretty much, eliminate that.Just wondering if there are records of Teslas being stolen,due to people leaving the phone (key) in the car?
This is from Stats app for Tesla
1673391972127.png

Hasn't the Tesla Remote app had this since at least 2015? Tesla Model S Controlled By Apple Watch - Video
You could always control car functions via the various apps while on a network. The BT functionality will allow you to control the car from your watch without any network coverage and allows the watch to replicate the phone key functionality.

Reactions: brkaus