Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I keep hitting the wrong buttons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am constantly hitting the wrong buttons on the touchscreen to open doors. When I want to open the front passenger door, I hit the right Falcon Wing Door button and vice-versa.

My brain thinks the front door buttons must be the top ones and the rear door buttons must be the back ones. But that is not how it's depicted on the touchscreen. The front door buttons are behind the rear door buttons. See picture.

Anyone else feel the front door buttons ought to be above the Falcon Wing Door buttons. Should be an easy change because there is enough real estate on the screen. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
I haven't made the same error, maybe because the buttons for the falcon wing doors are next to the visual diagram of the falcon wing doors.

Think of the falcon wing doors opening higher than the front doors. The higher buttons are for the doors that open higher.

If you push the higher buttons, the falcon wing doors could crash and smash into low parking garage beams. Maybe that thought will help reimagining the touchscreen image to make more sense.

Reactions: loganintx
I am constantly hitting the wrong buttons on the touchscreen to open doors. When I want to open the front passenger door, I hit the right Falcon Wing Door button and vice-versa.

My brain thinks the front door buttons must be the top ones and the rear door buttons must be the back ones. But that is not how it's depicted on the touchscreen. The front door buttons are behind the rear door buttons. See picture.
I have found myself thinking the same thing but so far have corrected myself each time.

I can see exactly how this can happen.

Anyone else feel the front door buttons ought to be above the Falcon Wing Door buttons. Should be an easy change because there is enough real estate on the screen. Thoughts?