Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Love the Model 3 Steering Response

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an Rx7 where I had done all those things. It made the steering feel tighter and more responsive.
*but* sometimes so much road feel can be tiring. Tesla made some decisions to make the steering more "pleasant", not just ultimately responsive.
What you want in a general purpose road car isn't always the same as what you want in a track / weekend thrill car.

Note, MountainPass sells "upgrades". So if you want to have a better track car, or really want more ultimate road feel, they may be able to help !

I think if they added torque vectoring it would make a big difference on turn in. Beyond that, I think the car handles pretty well despite the weight of the car. Also the experience is going to be slightly different depending on the tires. I currently have the stock all season Michelins but will probably be getting the P4S on another set of wheels, eventually moving to winter tires on the stock ones.

For reference I also have a 92 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, 06 MINI Cooper S and 06 Nissan Murano and have generally gotten a second set of wheels for winter tires and upgraded the stock tires the first chance I get. It'll be interesting to see how long some of the ball joints and bushings last on the Tesla.