Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss Android Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Model 3. Its Fantasic. But...

I miss Android Auto from my old car! Specifically i miss its navigation and it voice control. The Model 3's Infotainment sounds great, and does keep getting better, but the voice control is Terrible (compared to AA).In the times i have used it, it mostly does not understand what i want and it misses a lot of feature i have become used too. Example, I was driving home the other night after very long day at work, and i decided i wanted to order and collect some take away food on my way home. In my old car, i could do this pretty much without having to take my hands off the wheel. I could search, call and set my destination. None of that is possible it seems with the Model 3. Now, this is a 1st world problem, but i didn't release how much i use a lot of function AA has. I miss them :(

Navigation is also not great. 95% of the time, AA would avoid all major traffic issues, It would notify me in time for all issues and allow me to make a choice. The Model 3 so far has not done this (Got held up badly on the M25 the other day, when i could have gone the back way). I have take to having Waze open on my phone, and use this as a override for the M3 navigation.

I know this is probably going to get better, but this is the one thing i really miss from my old car.