Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need recommendations for Graphene Spray Coatings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of trying one of the new graphene spray coatings that have come on the market over the last few months and I would love any recommendations from fellow Tesla owners based on personal experience. I am trying to figure out if these graphene products really do offer better protection and performance than ceramic spray coatings, or if it is just a bunch of marketing hype to get us to buy more expensive products.

These are the specific products I am considering. Please let me know if you have any comments, good or bad, about them:

1) Turtle Wax To The Max Flex Wax
2) Ethos Resist
3) Technicians Choice G-Max
4) Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating
5) Xtreme Solutions - Xtreme Graphene Ceramic Spray
6) 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Thank you,
joebruin77

Reactions: byeLT4 and AC2DC
I am a fairly close follower of graphene developments. From the reviews I suspect this application may take a while to mature. Seriously, I want to use it but thus far I'm tending to maybe wait a while before doing it.

Reactions: joebruin77
There are a number of videos on YouTube where varios coatings and sprays are tested and results shown

Yep, I have been viewing them. Some of the products, such as Technicians Choice G-Max, are so new that there almost no videos on them. Or the video reviews conflict one another. For example, some people have raved about the Turtle Wax Flex Wax, and others have been disappointed by it.

So far, my take is that the Adams Graphene Spray Coating seems legit. A couple youtubers have shown that it does provide more gloss and more durable protection than the regular ceramic spray coating.

Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray is one of my all-time favorite detailing products, so I am really curious about their G-max graphene spray. I may order a small bottle just to try it.

Youtube has several legit detailers who have tested many of the prosumer ceramic sprays and treatments. The Adam's tested as one of the top few. Haven't tried the spray, but have used the Graphene ceramic coating on my VW Jetta, worked fine and looks good.

I've only used the Adam's Graphene Spray Coating so far. I corrected and coated my car back in early April and it was a breeze to use and definitely helped with the gloss level. I know it's only been two months but the beading / sheeting is still tight and makes washing washing the car very easy. No additional swirls introduced from washing or ONR touch ups.

If it only lasts until the end of the year I'd be happy with how it's performed considering how easy it was to apply and remove. I've used many coatings in the past, from the regular CQ and Optimum offerings to the exclusive 'certified-only' ones and this is by far the easiest to apply and remove so far. Perfroamcen / durability is the only thing I'm still monitoring basically.

I do think it's suffered a bit on the windshield from the wipers running over it a bunch (very rainy May here in NJ), but it's still noticeable with water repellency.

I used maybe 1/8th of the bottle doing my car so the bottle will also last you a while if you're doing a regular sedan sized vehicle.

I tend to stick with Carpro, Optimum, and Meguiar's for my details, but I do think Adam's makes some good products so I want to trust them with their graphene line. I am curious in trying their other offerings.

• Informative
I've only used the Adam's Graphene Spray Coating so far. I corrected and coated my car back in early April and it was a breeze to use and definitely helped with the gloss level. I know it's only been two months but the beading / sheeting is still tight and makes washing washing the car very easy. No additional swirls introduced from washing or ONR touch ups.

If it only lasts until the end of the year I'd be happy with how it's performed considering how easy it was to apply and remove. I've used many coatings in the past, from the regular CQ and Optimum offerings to the exclusive 'certified-only' ones and this is by far the easiest to apply and remove so far. Perfroamcen / durability is the only thing I'm still monitoring basically.

I do think it's suffered a bit on the windshield from the wipers running over it a bunch (very rainy May here in NJ), but it's still noticeable with water repellency.

I used maybe 1/8th of the bottle doing my car so the bottle will also last you a while if you're doing a regular sedan sized vehicle.

I tend to stick with Carpro, Optimum, and Meguiar's for my details, but I do think Adam's makes some good products so I want to trust them with their graphene line. I am curious in trying their other offerings.

Sounds like you are a fan of the Adam's Graphene Spray Coating. Just curious, what is the scent like? Does it have a strong chemical smell?

I was going to comment with this video. I picked up his recommended product -- the turtlewax hybrid ceramic spray. I applied it and so far so good. We had a significant rain storm here the other day and the water was just wicking away like it was nothing.
I just did my X yesterday - paint and wheels. I'd like to see how it does in the water - but I'd rather it just not rain :)

Did you do the glass? I usually use Rain-X on the windows/mirrors. NOT the windshield as it's caused issues with wiper chatter on previous cars.

I didn't do the glass for now, but figure I can always do it later.

200649426_846070159321990_6654727631407466241_n.jpg202100796_1131355620707835_4202349147343272351_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just did my X yesterday - paint and wheels. I'd like to see how it does in the water - but I'd rather it just not rain :)

Did you do the glass? I usually use Rain-X on the windows/mirrors. NOT the windshield as it's caused issues with wiper chatter on previous cars.

No, I didn't use it on the glass, but maybe I should. I bought a bottle of Rain-X and haven't had the wiper chatter yet, but on previous cars I usually give the wiper blades a quick wipe down every now and again and it seems to do the trick.

View attachment 674032View attachment 674033

I had issues with wiper chatter using Rain X with the OEM wiper blades. I then replaced them with our Australian Wipertech blades and have had no issues since.

Theres a few products which struggle with abrasion i.e. Seal and Shine is a good example. It will last not even a day on the windscreen with rain as the rubber rubs it off. bonding sealants i.e. jetseal, flexwax etc are better but I still prefer to use rain X just because it got by far the highest contact angle - the products works for me really from 50km/h onwards whereas with something like jetseal you gotta be driving faster than 60-70km/h really.

I had issues with wiper chatter using Rain X with the OEM wiper blades. I then replaced them with our Australian Wipertech blades and have had no issues since.

Theres a few products which struggle with abrasion i.e. Seal and Shine is a good example. It will last not even a day on the windscreen with rain as the rubber rubs it off. bonding sealants i.e. jetseal, flexwax etc are better but I still prefer to use rain X just because it got by far the highest contact angle - the products works for me really from 50km/h onwards whereas with something like jetseal you gotta be driving faster than 60-70km/h really.
I've tried everything to get rid of awful wiper chatter. it's killing me. do you have a link to the model X ones that work? thanks

I've tried everything to get rid of awful wiper chatter. it's killing me. do you have a link to the model X ones that work? thanks

There are 3 main reasons why people experience wiper chatter:

1) The glass and / or the wiper blades are not clean.

2) The wiper arms are bent out of alignment and the wiper blades are not making contact with the windshield at the correct angle.

3) The rubber on the wipers has deteriorated and they the wipers need to be replaced.

I have found that the most common and most overlooked cause of wiper chatter is that the rubber on the wiper blades is not clean. Most people focus on cleaning the windshield glass, but overlook cleaning the wipers themselves.

If you suspect that your wipers are dirty, you can try washing them with warm soapy water. I personally have used Mckees 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvinator on my wife's Honda''s wiper blades and this totally stopped the wiper chatter.