Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I raced a Huracan and people can't believe the result.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's pretty clear from the video in the OP that a M3 can beat a Lambo in a drag race; that does not mean that an M3 will beat a Lambo in any drag race :)

And i can beat a lambo on a bicycle in certain conditions too, but that statement has very little value.

Let's not play games to try to rationalize this, it's a cool video and neat that Model 3 is even in the ballpark as the lambo but be honest and realize that the lambo is way faster.

no reason to even validate his statements. he obviously has zero racing experience. But the offer is on the table, my buddy said he'll race no problem, but he's not doing it for free.

Hell, I'll even put up and extra $5k to make $10,000 against this guy's $5,000 for a race against the huracan. This should be an easy win for the model 3, so that's $10k in his pocket.

You're the one with something to prove (with someone else's car). I told you when and where I'll be if you want a race come on down otherwise you're just talking trash. I'm not going out of my way to appease you.

Reactions: Evoforce
And i can beat a lambo on a bicycle in certain conditions too, but that statement has very little value.

Let's not play games to try to rationalize this, it's a cool video and neat that Model 3 is even in the ballpark as the lambo but be honest and realize that the lambo is way faster.

The thing is it isn't WAY faster. It's a lot closer than people think.

Picture of the race in question is attached below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191118-080411_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118-080411_YouTube.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 59

The point is that that Lambo at that time in that place was not faster. And that's okay. And it'd be okay if it were faster. And it wasn't a ball park; it was a runway.

That's why I said you won the race, but there's no way possible you actually outrun a hurricane. That thing does a quarter mile 2 seconds faster than your car. And the half mile way faster. Because the driver ****ed up doesn't mean your car is faster.

Stock Huracans don’t run 9.7 in the 1/4, not even stock Performantes; they’re solid mid 10 sec cars all day, however.

The point is that that Lambo at that time in that place was not faster. And that's okay. And it'd be okay if it were faster. And it wasn't a ball park; it was a runway.

I'm not sure what the point is here besides word play and technicalities lol

My main point is that we absolutely shouldn't think that Model 3 is faster than a Lamborghini, however as others have said it's not too shabby and that's pretty darn cool!

Reactions: SaloonGoon
no reason to even validate his statements. he obviously has zero racing experience. But the offer is on the table, my buddy said he'll race no problem, but he's not doing it for free.

Hell, I'll even put up and extra $5k to make $10,000 against this guy's $5,000 for a race against the huracan. This should be an easy win for the model 3, so that's $10k in his pocket.

OP really hurt this guys feelings. I'd hate to see the fit you'd throw if your buddy lost.

I didn't get that vibe at all. He shared a video of him racing and beating a Lambo, and came off pretty humble about it, IMO. No one here is saying best driver vs best driver the 3 is faster.

Agreed. The only behavior I’ve seen that could be classed as “autozone” behavior, whatever that is, involved a claim about a friend and gambling. Generally this forum has better behavior than the average car forum and I was surprised to see some of the more typical macho bs in this thread.

I don't really understand why there is any drama.

It's simply a race between two non-professional drivers, and in cases like that the driver is going to make a lot of difference in the outcome. In this case it looks like the other driver simply didn't get power down quick enough. Maybe he was confused by the way the guy started the race. Maybe he didn't have the correct settings for launch mode. For him it's not as simple as just nailing the throttle.

This is when the other driver is supposed to go "best out of three?"

I didn't get that vibe at all. He shared a video of him racing and beating a Lambo, and came off pretty humble about it, IMO. No one here is saying best driver vs best driver the 3 is faster.

Exactly.

The OP stated very clearly in the original post that it's possible for the P3D to win a race against a Huracan with REGULAR people driving.

Then Sam talks about things like magazine performance, and launch mode. Then he mentions a friend with a Huracan as a way to demonstrate to the OP that he can't win a race against a Huracan.

But, the thing is the race would have to be against regular people because that's what the OP claimed.

I say this as someone who seriously questions whether odds wise the P3D can really beat a Huracan with regular people driving. Sure it's possible as demonstrated by the OP, but there is a big difference between possible and likely.

If instructed on how to use launch mode my bet would be that the Huracan would beat a P3D in a best out of 3 competition. I'd also replace the starter person with a light to make it more friendly to regular drivers who are more used to going on green.

I wouldn't bet $5K on it though. Maybe $50.

I don't really understand why there is any drama.

It's simply a race between two non-professional drivers, and in cases like that the driver is going to make a lot of difference in the outcome. In this case it looks like the other driver simply didn't get power down quick enough. Maybe he was confused by the way the guy started the race. Maybe he didn't have the correct settings for launch mode. For him it's not as simple as just nailing the throttle.

This is when the other driver is supposed to go "best out of three?"

I've been in contact with the driver of the Huracan. We're going to try to run again at the same place next weekend.

we got 1 minute clip of the cars waiting and staging, and then a straight ahead video of the tesla going down the line, without even a glimpse of the other car's take-off.

not much of a racing video....

I fully expected the Huracan to be ahead most of the time. Can't go back in time and turn the camera around. I asked him to race so I could see how close the Model 3 Performance was in acceleration on an unprepped surface. I didn't expect to be out front much especially over the 1/2 mile.

Oof. That's a yikes from me dawg.