Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I received my proposal summary today (central Florida)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a dumb PW2 question - if the sun doesn't shine for a week will the PW2 charge itself from the grid at night if power is cheaper at night?

I have confirmed my order for two powerwalls. I have 26 solar panels with Enphase microinverters. Found out one of my microinverters failed almost a year ago and I hadn't noticed (system has been installed many years and I take it for granted now). My solar installer sent an RMA to Enphase, we'll see how it goes getting it put in.

Download the Enphase Installer Toolkit | Enphase

I got this for my smartphone. I have 37 Enphase IQ7's. 1 failed about 2-3 weeks in.
I take the smartphone close to the Enphase panel, push a button to enable wifi for 6 hours and select Enphase as my wifi network, select microinverters, have it email a report, etc. It will say last date time each micro inverter communicated and what its serial number is

I check the array about once a month, (and the next day when there is a humungous lightning storm where I hear and see lightning strikes simultaneously)SW Florida has spectacular weather at times

• Informative
Reactions: Electricfan
48139420278_e621903dba_c.jpg

48139394081_4f06fe4872_c.jpg

48139486312_064bf92cf3_c.jpg

48139393631_2891a33925_c.jpg

48139393071_2282630c90_c.jpg

Congrats. Your experience is better than mine so far I guess.
Schedule for installation on Thursday afternoon. Thursday morning someone called and said that your schedule is actually on Friday even though I’ve received email that it would be on Thursday. Okay Friday it is then.
Today is Friday. Scheduled for installation today from 12-2pm.. 2 o’clock passed by no one show up. Called Tesla and said that the crew won’t show up today Bc previous job ran into issue.. great! No one called to tell me that.. got a billing telling me that your solar panel was installed today. Please pay half payment..

Congrats. Your experience is better than mine so far I guess.
Schedule for installation on Thursday afternoon. Thursday morning someone called and said that your schedule is actually on Friday even though I’ve received email that it would be on Thursday. Okay Friday it is then.
Today is Friday. Scheduled for installation today from 12-2pm.. 2 o’clock passed by no one show up. Called Tesla and said that the crew won’t show up today Bc previous job ran into issue.. great! No one called to tell me that.. got a billing telling me that your solar panel was installed today. Please pay half payment..

Wow, that isn't very professional of them!! Sorry to hear about your
glitches. Mine is that I asked for "pest abatement" as I know that the
neighborhood squirrels will cause havoc under the panels. It was part
of the order from day one yet they said that they haven't had those in
stock for a year & a new ticket will have to be created.

Who needs to give you a permission to operate? FPL? The delay between install and inspection was due to a miscommunication, or is your city slow to inspect

The installation crew told me to do nothing but leave the paperwork outside for the inspection. One guy
said that he thought that the inspector said that he was done. Neither the Tesla site nor the county site
said that the inspection was final. Finally, after the holiday weekend, I called and made an appointment.

Yes, permission to operate comes from FP&L and I was told it could be 30 days.

So my experience with FPL was pretty quick. After the city did its inspection, FPL approved and issued permission to operate within 2 days. That was for solar. Today they installed the Powerwalls. Because I already had net metering with solar, I don't have to get another permission from FPL. Everything works.

• Helpful
Reactions: hodad66
I have not been notified about any tax assessment......
@hoda66
I seem to recall that Lee County did not re-assess when I got my PV array and there was a notice somewhere that the PV array could not be added to tax assessment value, ie. $30K+ upgrade and _no_ tax hit!
(found the legalese hoohah)

whoohoo!! (also mentions batteries!)("storage devices")
(in case you need link)(dsireusa.org is very helpful and example of 'yer tax doll'ahs at work'
DSIRE
-----------------------------snip----------------------------------------
Summary
Florida provides a 100% property tax exemption for residential renewable energy property and an 80% property tax abatement for non-residential renewable energy property.

Eligible renewable energy property includes solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, solar PV plus storage systems, wind energy systems, solar water heaters, and geothermal heat pumps installed on or after January 1, 2013. For the purpose of assessing property taxes for a home, an increase in the just value of the property attributable to the installation of this equipment should be ignored. The exemption applies to the following types of equipment used as part of a solar, wind or geothermal system:
  • Solar energy collectors, photovoltaic modules, and inverters.
  • Storage tanks and other storage systems, excluding swimming pools used as storage tanks.
  • Rockbeds.
  • Thermostats and other control devices.
  • Heat exchange devices.
  • Pumps and fans.
  • Roof ponds.
  • Freestanding thermal containers.
  • Pipes, ducts, wiring, structural supports, refrigerant handling systems, and other components used as integral parts of such systems; however, such equipment does not include conventional backup systems of any type or any equipment or structure that would be required in the absence of the renewable energy source device.
  • Windmills and wind turbines.
  • Wind-driven generators.
  • Power conditioning and storage devices that store or use solar energy, wind energy, or energy derived from geothermal deposits to generate electricity or mechanical forms of energy.
  • Pipes and other equipment used to transmit hot geothermal water to a dwelling or structure from a geothermal deposit.
This residential exemption applies to assessments beginning January 1, 2014, and for equipment installed on or after January 1, 2013. The non-residential abatement applies to devices installed on or after January 1, 2018 and expires December 31, 2037.

The abatement does not apply to devices installed as part of projects planned for location in a fiscally constrained county, for which an application for a comprehensive plan amendment or planned unit development zoning has been filed on or before December 31, 2017.

-----------------------snip----------------------------------------------

• Helpful
Tesla techs told me “you can wait for PTO if you really want...”. Good thing I took the hint because between Tesla and PG&E, official PTO took something like 5 months!
If you already have solar and are just adding Powerwalls, it's no big deal whether you wait for PTO. However, if you have solar, you will probably not get any credit for any energy you put into the grid.

• Informative