Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see a lot of super chargers "coming soon in 2018". Have they been building these

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both Hattiesburg and Tuscaloosa would be very helpful on the drive to the in-laws. The i40 hole is very real between Oklahoma City and Little Rock. And I meant I94 not 90. Sorry. We like camping out west.

I've done the I-40 stretch between Little Rock and OKC (westbound). I spent the night in Russellville, AR and did a 100% charge at the hotel destination charger there. My Model 3 LR RWD made the trip with no troubles by starting the day at 65mph. It was actually one of the more enjoyable legs that I've driven because I got to see how awesome the car really is. We took 2 bathroom breaks along the way so the car WAY outlasted us.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Supercharger expansion exploded earlier this year, but has dramatically slowed in the last few months. All signs seem to point towards a general slowdown of expansion while they focus on the core business stuff. Thankfully the rollout is so far along at this point that slowdown won't really affect too many people.
I believe they have slowed construction to conserve cash. They want to be cash flow positive, so they are slowing building of super chargers. If you look at supercharger.info they only show 18 stations under construction at this time (including Europe). Yes they have about 55 in the permitting phase, but there a huge number they say they are going to build soonish but do not have permits yet.
They want to prove their point in Q3 an Q4 by maximizing cash flow. The supercharger build out will likely explode next year as Model 3 production passes 8k/week and profits roll in.