Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see a lot of super chargers "coming soon in 2018". Have they been building these

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t hold your breath. I’m not sure how confident you can be that those locations will come to be nor when. They also seem to be very general approximations for the location.

Not that there won’t be more SuperChargers...... Atlanta just got a new site with 20 stations, but it was never listed as a “coming soon” location.

as listed on the website or are they typically delayed? There are a few in places I am very interested

I would say 50% of the 2018 ones will be built by 2018. 90% by 2020.

They will add others not on the map too.

I've found supercharge.info to be informative.

Supercharge.info is a crowdsourced site, largely from discussion here on TMC. If you would like to learn more about any particular charger, click on it and select discuss. In many cases It will go to the thread here.

I enjoy taking the raw data from supercharge.info and plotting the slope of the annual growth rate. While there are definitely slowdowns in the deployment rate within the year (e.g., some observe end of quarter slowdowns, possibly motivated by the desire to show the best possible cash flow in the quarterly report) the trend, on an annual basis, is definitely trending upwards.*

upload_2018-9-10_8-14-57.png

*For you statistics minded people out there, the rate specified above is the slope of the linear trend line of the deployment numbers shown on supercharge.info, as calculated by Excel. For some years I captured and plotted monthly values and for some years I plotted quarterly values. As a result, my R-squared value differs for various years, ranging from 0.96 to 0.99+, which should be close enough to spot trending.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak and Need
..and lack of cash ... which I hope will ease up early next year after some positive M3 cash flow and a solution to their maturing debt.

It may be partly these reasons, but the V3 supercharger should also be coming out soon, so I'd imagine they wouldn't want to deploy a bunch of charger that will soon be outdated.

I've found supercharge.info to be informative. They only show locations that are "In Permit" for construction, "Under Construction" and "Open" but supercharger.info showed me an open Supercharger location before the in car map showed me it. At least it's accurate.

Thank you for the link! That is so helpful, it looks like the first supercharger in the eastside of Seattle will be in Issaquah about a mile from my house, nice!

Capture.PNG