Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I start work a little too early so the car doesn't just route me to work when I get in. Anyway to fix that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only noticed just last week when I had to work an 8PM-4AM schedule that the car will route you to work and home. Obviously not that huge of a deal considering I know how to get to get to work and home but whenever I leave for work at 3:30AM for my 4AM shift it never pops up. Even now that I'm back to working mornings which again is weird since it worked fine when I worked from 8PM to 4AM. I've been working mornings since I got my Model 3 in September so it's not a learning thing. Anyone got an idea on how to get this to work?

Weird - it must be hard coded for "work" departure times rather than learning your schedule.

You could add your work departure time as an appointment on your calendar and include the address and sync your calendar to the car.

Swipe down on the nav bar when home, and it will route you to work. swipe down on nav bar when at work and it will take you home. problem solved.
Yeah, I don't really need navigation for home but I thought it was nice to see it automated and would like to see it automated for my "weird" schedule. It would be nice to use this simple feature even if I have to manually put in my work hours in once to get it to understand what's going on. Doing it manually every time isn't worth it.

Yeah, I don't really need navigation for home but I thought it was nice to see it automated and would like to see it automated for my "weird" schedule. It would be nice to use this simple feature even if I have to manually put in my work hours in once to get it to understand what's going on. Doing it manually every time isn't worth it.
You don’t have to do it manually every time. Set your addresses once. Unless you consider dragging your finger down a screen 3 inches “manual” then I don’t see the feature being simpler unless it read your mind

You don’t have to do it manually every time. Set your addresses once. Unless you consider dragging your finger down a screen 3 inches “manual” then I don’t see the feature being

My home and work addresses are already set though which is why it worked on 3rd shift. Unless you're suggesting something else I'm not sure what you mean.
There’s a subtle feature he’s trying to tell you about. You click and hold the navigate button and drag it downward one time. When you let go it will automatically set your navigation for work. It almost doesn’t get easier.

There’s a subtle feature he’s trying to tell you about. You click and hold the navigate button and drag it downward one time. When you let go it will automatically set your navigation for work. It almost doesn’t get easier.
Even though this seems to be the quickest way to get navigation to and from set destinations it still requires my input every single time. Since the feature is there to have it automatically handle that function it's kind of annoying that it doesn't work just because I go to work a little early.

Even though this seems to be the quickest way to get navigation to and from set destinations it still requires my input every single time. Since the feature is there to have it automatically handle that function it's kind of annoying that it doesn't work just because I go to work a little early.
Ok here’s a workaround. Add an like a 15 minute appointment to your phone calendar that starts when you need to arrive at work - you should be able to do this using a recurring appointment. Include your work address on the appointment and make sure you allow calendar syncing on your car. That is also supposed to auto navigate to your appointment destinations. You can do the same for the ride home.

Reactions: swaltner