Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I take delivery of 1071 in about an hour... and it just started lightly snowing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard a big truck making a beeping backup sound outside, so I threw on 2 coats and ran out with the camera...

It was the garbage truck. Still waiting...

Congratulations on the Roadster, Jason. I had the opposite experience waiting for my delivery. For some reason, the delivery truck dropped my car off in Milton (about a half an hour outside of Toronto) and the local Tesla dealer was then going to drive it from there to my home.

As I anxiously sat waiting for the big arrival, I kept hearing cars and trucks going down my street and, ironically, I knew if I was hearing them, then it wasn't my Roadster being delivered. Finally, and unexpectedly, I got the knock on the door I was waiting for and my time as a Tesla owner was about to begin!

I wish you much excited happiness, even in the snow, with your new vehicle.

And apparently one more (black roadster) in Medicine Hat. Pretty good for a province with NO incentives.

OK, after sleeping in my VOR roadster sport last night here is the rest of the story:

Delivery was booked between 9 and 11, but at 11:30, I was still an anxious man. Unfortunatly I had something at work that I could not put off any longer, so at 1:00 I grabbed a cab and went to work unfulfilled, and unsure if I was ever really going to get this thing.

At 2:00 I get a txt from my wife saying 'there is a truck at the bottom of the hill with your car in the back, what should I do?' Concerned for her signing for something that I had probably told her cost just a wee bit more than our previous car (which I also was probably not honest about), I sent her down to try and receive it anyway.

Interestingly enough, they had to switch trucks coming to Canada, as the original one was too big for our roads. The smaller truck did not have a built in ramp, so she waited with the trucker while they waited for a flatbed tow truck to come and un load.

Capri, my wife, is sweet enough to txt me iPhone photos of the progress.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...240.12960.566390240&pid=15289913&id=566390240

Ok, so finally the flatbed tow truck comes, and after the obligatory explanation, now given by Capri (as she has heard it from me 1000 times), and the tow truck driver snapping some photos, they unload the car.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...240.12960.566390240&pid=15289914&id=566390240

So the car gets unloaded and I get a txt saying, everyone in the neighborhood is looking /coming out, and that she is scared to drive it up the hill to our house. The trucker coached her on how to start it, and she finally feels confident enough to give it a try.

So she drove it around the block, and then up the hill with the usual 'light them up' comments from the neighbors, at about 2 km/h. Carefully pulled into the driveway. When I get the txt 'too scared to pull it into the garage'; 'but i am worried about her getting wet in the driveway'. Then followed by 'i can't lock the doors, Dont worry I am guarding it.'
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...240.12960.566390240&pid=15289920&id=566390240

I told her to call Ted at the Tesla store and he expertly walks her through the locking procedure (push the logo on the key). To be honest even having read the online PDF a month ago, I am not sure I would have known that either. So car successfully locked in the driveway, I get the final txt before I get home; 'she is so hot, I got her locked'.

What can I say; Capri is right. I have had some great cars before, but this Roadster is amazing! I had never seen or driven one before today, and was always a little concerned; would I fit (I'm 6"3'), did I pick the right options, would it drive nicely... But they were all put to rest as I climbed in, tore the sun visors off and took it for an unregistered drive around the block. Sooooooooo fast! And sooo quiet.

I then spent the rest of the night figuring out where everything was and how it all worked.

Hopefully Fedex delivers the title today, and I can get her registered and begin giving the 500 rides everyone is after. Better pictures are also on the way.

PS the trucker did great, Capri never saw the price, although I think she suspects: she mentioned to me last night that it was sooo worth it.

And apparently one more (black roadster) in Medicine Hat. Pretty good for a province with NO incentives.

Okay, I just gotta point out that Alberta has no provincial sales tax, which is a savings of at least $11,000 compared to other provinces. Ontario's EV rebate is $8,500. Advantage: Alberta.

(Lack-of-sales-tax brought to you by... the oil industry!)