Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

I want a Tesla Model S 85, P85, P85+, 85D, or P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M67v

I just work here
Sep 2, 2014
Reading, PA
Yes, I want a Model S 85, P85, P85+, 85D, or P85D. BUT, it is way too expensive. I have an '08 Prius for now. A Tesla Model S 85, P85, P85+, 85D, or P85D, with at least the Supercharge Hardware, Tech Package, Panoramic Roof, and the Interior Lighting Package, with a lower than average price is just what the doctor ordered.
If I did get a Model S for whatever reason, I will delete this post.
Any Model S less than $60,000 that I can finance would be great!

Last edited:
Yes, I get it. It might not happen.

You will not see prices for an 85 that low until late 2015. It will happen just not for a while. And even then your Prius will be nicer, the 85's used in the price range will be VIN's under 20K and coming from an 18K VIN I can tell you that I could not wait to off load it. It felt very clunky, cheap and not well built. Not worth what I paid for it.

Now my current P85 is a much better built car. Keep your Prius for a few more years and get a high VIN Tesla when you can afford it.

Yes, I want a Model S 85, P85, P85+, 85D, or P85D. BUT, it is way too expensive. I have an '08 Prius for now. A Tesla Model S 85, P85, P85+, 85D, or P85D, with at least the Supercharge Hardware, Tech Package, Panoramic Roof, and the Interior Lighting Package, with a lower than average price is just what the doctor ordered.
If I did get a Model S for whatever reason, I will delete this post.
Any Model S less than $60,000 that I can finance would be great!

Dude, you're changing your post, that's okay but you can't keep lowering the price. You will not find one below $60k, maybe in a 18 months, but not right now. It's not going to happen. Call Starwood or Earth Motors, both will finance and have the best prices. Or call your bank, prequalify for a loan and find one in the classifieds here or (maybe) on ebay motors.

M6... Sorry about the smart a** comment. It just reminded me of an old rule of thumb which goes something like
You can wish in one hand and spit in the other. Reality is based in the one that fills up first.
I think there are a lot of people that want to buy the car at that price point and even more at $35K. I think this is the point of G3.

I will refrain from making useless smart a** comments in the future.

You will not see prices for an 85 that low until late 2015. It will happen just not for a while. And even then your Prius will be nicer, the 85's used in the price range will be VIN's under 20K and coming from an 18K VIN I can tell you that I could not wait to off load it. It felt very clunky, cheap and not well built. Not worth what I paid for it.

Now my current P85 is a much better built car. Keep your Prius for a few more years and get a high VIN Tesla when you can afford it.
Not the case at all with me. As far as I'm concerned, any Model S is better than perfect for me. I don't care for build quality, and soft touch materials or whatever.
OWNING A MODEL S MAKES MY LIFE COMPLETE COMPLETE COMPLETE COMPLETE COMPLETE ​complete