Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea: We should apply for weekend jobs at Tesla delivery centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had retired JUST before I got the car and so when I was at the delivery center I was certainly thinking I could do this sort of work. When I heard one of the employees saying that she was just the sister of an employee, no interest in working at Tesla, but it was the end of the quarter and they needed ANYONE they could get. So I put my name in with the manager thinking they might do the same thing in 3 months and they'd give a call. Guess it isn't THAT freewheeling at Tesla

-Randy

Soooo.....do I get credit for the idea of all of the Tesla Volunteers? This post just predates the idea being floated to Elon via a Tweet.
We've talked about it for years in my neck of the woods. So, no. We hadn't had much luck getting engagement from the local SC over that time. Thus, while it was stressful for the delivery centers for Elon to drop this on them I think it worked out well as a trigger for moving that effort forward.

Funneling the volunteers for Bellevue through TOCPNW was very effective. I don't have official numbers (yet?), but except for a few stragglers Bellevue was essentially "done" by 11pm on Sunday -- i.e. an hour ahead of time. We had ~4 volunteers hang 'til the bitter end to cover the stragglers. The last orientation started ~11:30p with the paperwork signed (IIRC) 11:47pm. I heard at ~11pm about an at-home delivery from a Tesla employee that was driving over -- hopefully the delivery beat the midnight goal.

I volunteered 10am-10:25pm on Friday, 10am-11:50pm on Saturday, and 10a-11:50p on Sunday. Fun, but exhausting.

Many thanks to all the volunteers, and coordinators behind the scenes!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: dhanson865