Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I order today... when do you think I'll take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize this is all guesswork. But with first deliveries scheduled for March, If I ordered today, REALISTICALLY... when should I expect to get my Model Y? March? June? December? NEXT March? LOL
Depends which model you order and where you live I think. Closer to California you are, the earlier you'll get it. And It seems Performance and then LR AWD will be first.

• Informative
Reactions: EliteFinish
interesting. i ordered a couple of weeks ago so i'm not far ahead. fortunately my current lease goes until June and i have an extra car. but it's gonna try my fragile patience for sure LOL
I too have a lease (ev) ending in 4 months, and a gas suv as a back up. Hoping for clarity on delivery times on the rwd since that's what I pre-ordered

I ordered my Model Y long range dual motor last week. Tesla told me, 250,000 orders on the books and I should get mine in about six months.

Based on how this worked with M3, many of these 250K orders will be canceled. So we do not really know the actual number of real orders. RWD LR is a significant portion of these orders and will not be fulfilled this year (apparently). So all these numbers are pure speculation. Moreover, the last person I would believe is Tesla sales in their showroom. It is a mystery to me why Tesla can not just provide a piece of clear information about what to expect. They know the real numbers, their production capacity. The only explanation I have - they want you to be in the dark as a pure marketing move.

I too have a lease (ev) ending in 4 months
Based on how this worked with M3, many of these 250K orders will be canceled. So we do not really know the actual number of real orders. RWD LR is a significant portion of these orders and will not be fulfilled this year (apparently). So all these numbers are pure speculation. Moreover, the last person I would believe is Tesla sales in their showroom. It is a mystery to me why Tesla can not just provide a piece of clear information about what to expect. They know the real numbers, their production capacity. The only explanation I have - they want you to be in the dark as a pure marketing move.
agree on the marketing. they make a great car, but elon is a showman above all else.

Reactions: iustin
I realize this is all guesswork. But with first deliveries scheduled for March, If I ordered today, REALISTICALLY... when should I expect to get my Model Y? March? June? December? NEXT March? LOL
I just ordered mine on Feb 2nd (MYP+; black interior) and my delivery is scheduled for March. If you ordered the same trim level as me, I would say that you could potentially see a delivery of April. But most likely by the end of Summer.

I overheard a sales employee at the Tesla store/SC in Rocklin, CA on Monday and he told a perspective customer he would most likely be looking at a late 2020 or early 2021 delivery if he ordered that day. Couldn't hear what configuration they were talking about though, and the salesman did say it was all speculation on his part...