Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I order today... when do you think I'll take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lead times on Model Y are a complete mystery right now. People who just ordered in the past few weeks are being given March delivery dates. It could be existing Tesla owners getting bumped up in priority. But even still it seems like deliveries are happening much faster than anyone expected. Which leads us to wonder how many orders they really have and how they are prioritizing them.

I overheard a sales employee at the Tesla store/SC in Rocklin, CA on Monday and he told a perspective customer he would most likely be looking at a late 2020 or early 2021 delivery if he ordered that day. Couldn't hear what configuration they were talking about though, and the salesman did say it was all speculation on his part...

I think they are all saying things like that, but if people are ordering in February and getting March deliveries, I doubt everything they say.

The store closest to my house told me last week if I order a Performance (no PUP, black/black, FSD) right now I can expect delivery in June. Earlier than expected. Wonder if people are bailing out because of the Coronavirus situation? No doubt people have to be concerned about losing their income sources. Or perhaps I just happen to have the right color/option combo?

Then again that's pretty consistent with the 8-12 week wait shown on the website for the Model 3.

Last edited:
I just ordered a performance with no performance upgrade a few days ago and its already asking me for delivery/registration info..only 5 days from ordering...
Concern is am i making a mistake getting the performance without the performance upgrade...the upgrade looks so nice.

I also ordered a non performance with 20 inch wheels and no progress on that order

Which car to get? And performance upgrade or non upgrade and maintain the longer range

I just ordered a performance with no performance upgrade a few days ago and its already asking me for delivery/registration info..only 5 days from ordering...
Concern is am i making a mistake getting the performance without the performance upgrade...the upgrade looks so nice.

I also ordered a non performance with 20 inch wheels and no progress on that order

Which car to get? And performance upgrade or non upgrade and maintain the longer range
I do love the larger wheels, but my main concern is pothole damage with those short sidewalls, especially when combined with no spare tire. The smaller wheels also provide for a less jarring ride.

All of these is not unique to Tesla. Been through this exact issue with BMW, Mercedes and Porsche.