Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I turn it off via the toggle switch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
definitely better turning off for road trips. Any road with a 65mph limit (or greater) will use the old AP stack, not just highways.
Following a suggestion from here I created an extra driver profile that has FSD enabled and leave my regular profile with it disabled.
Much better when I want it to be a family car again. Still not back to what it was with radar enabled but pretty close.

Reactions: Patsan
Once you are on the highway if reverts to the standard (vision) AP Stack. So there is no advantage to turning FSD Beta off in that case.
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. I have a long road trip coming up and I wanted it not to do what it has done in beta. I'm cool with the beta, but I don't want it to screw with me on the long road trip,especially on the highway.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. I have a long road trip coming up and I wanted it not to do what it has done in beta. I'm cool with the beta, but I don't want it to screw with me on the long road trip,especially on the highway.
Also very easy to tell. When you get on the highway the display switches from the Beta display to the more plain AP display. When this happens Beta Stack switches to the same AP (Vision) Stack everyone has. Elon says that we will get a single Stack (all Beta) in 11.x. This may be a time to cut Beta off when driving on the highway until 11.x reaches parity (could be about 11.6 or so) to the legacy AP Stack.

Reactions: Patsan