Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If new model 3 has been repaired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my model 3 to a professional detailer to let him inspect for a ceramic coating quote. He spotted several defects which my unprofessional eye was unable to. Then he looked at the front and said that it looked very much like the bumper panel had been repaired. I opened the frunk and he showed me that the nuts had been tampered with and the paint between certain parts were different. If this is the case, am I entitled to a replacement? I collected my car on September 27th and it's done just over 500 miles.

It’s probable that there was a defect on the car prior to delivery that they repaired. There is nothing wrong with them doing that ( after all the alternative is they wait for you to tell them and then do it ). If you believe the repair is substandard then , of course, you need to raise it with them and give them the opportunity to correct it.

Not sure why you are even thinking you may be entitled to a replacement car.

It can’t be that bad if you’ve never noticed it, no matter how “unprofessional” your eyes are.

A detailer well obviously be able to tell if a panel has been resprayed as they’ll be able to check paint depth, etc.

Cars get damaged and repaired prior to sale in a regular basis. So long as the repair itself is up to scratch I can’t see what case you’d have. Certainly no chance of a replacement car.