Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dirt Nibs on hood of new MS- should I have this repaired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new MS - My detailer pointed out three dirt nibs on the hood (about 2-3 mm in size the largest,). Tesla Service Center offered to fix, and stated that they have some local bumper repair place do this and costs about $500. He said they do a great job and looks perfect. Unfortunately, I have the PPF already installed, as it was the ppf place that pointed out this defect and another one on the interior that was fixed by Tesla. Any thoughts should I ignore and accept a credit for future?

Picked up my new MS - My detailer pointed out three dirt nibs on the hood (about 2-3 mm in size the largest,). Tesla Service Center offered to fix, and stated that they have some local bumper repair place do this and costs about $500. He said they do a great job and looks perfect. Unfortunately, I have the PPF already installed, as it was the ppf place that pointed out this defect and another one on the interior that was fixed by Tesla. Any thoughts should I ignore and accept a credit for future?
Stay the hell away from the SvC. No guarantee they won't break something in the process of transportation to/from the other repair place.

Reactions: NeuroRad
I had a speck of debris covered with paint on my hood at delivery. After about 6 months, it came off leaving a "rock chip" looking speck exposing the white primer coat. Now I have a couple of other real rock chips to keep it company. I'd say since you have altered the paint with PPF it will be up to you to correct if you do something about it, or take the PPf off in that area. They can't fix it without added labor and materials because of the PPF.