Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you can no longer make a change to your car, what does that mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I’ve noted elsewhere I’ve never had the ability to edit my vehicle at all, even on day 1 after I placed the order. At the time, the website still said that you’d have a few days to modify it before the order was sent to the factory. I never got it though.

I just asked my SA about it last night, and he guessed it was to discourage latecomers like me (ordered 11/1) from constantly tweaking the design and thus delaying production. I guess that makes sense, but given how uninformed a lot of SAs seem if this forum’s testimonies are true, that might be his own guess rather than an official statement.

My order was on 10/9 so mine is close to delivery anyway. The edit button was there until yesterday so something had changed in the account status unless there is a bug in the software. I am a software developer so I know a thing or two on how this works. The ability to change your configuration was there for you can change it if you want. But they warn that your change will delay the order for sure.

I ordered mine at 11:27pm on 11/11. It is currently 11:46pm on 11/13. Only 2 days later. I cannot find the "Edit Configuration" button. I tried to change it immediately after I submitted order. Tomorrow night will be 3 days. I will call in the morning and try to change my interior to black instead of white. Model X COMMING!!!!