Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you ordered prior to price reduction and have not received a VIN...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered before the price drops, was offered a 2018 with white interior but ultimately refused it (wanted a 2019) and then BAM- price reduction...you may want to check your order details. If you find that your Sales Agreement still has the old (higher) pricing- here is an easy fix: select the "make changes" tab and reconfigure your car. The new pricing immediately gets reflected in your "build" details. It may not change the buying agreement PDF- but it DOES reflect on your order details.

I just saved a few thousand bucks by making this change.

Depending on what you had on your original order, and what you want now, it might be cheaper to stay on the older price structure.

For example: Price Adjustment

This is true. But I didn’t order EAP. However, the new AP offerings are exactly what I wanted so with the new pricing, for just $1000 more than original price, I get the AP features I would use. Not a lot of traffic where I live and this won’t be my long range travel car.

This is true. But I didn’t order EAP. However, the new AP offerings are exactly what I wanted so with the new pricing, for just $1000 more than original price, I get the AP features I would use. Not a lot of traffic where I live and this won’t be my long range travel car.

You saved $2900 going to the new price structure, but spent $3000 to get the basic AP.
If you held on to your original order, you might have gotten the same basic AP for free and end up $100 ahead.

I think some of us no longer have the editing tab. Ordered early Feb, no vin.

Per Telsa FAQ, you can still cancel your order as long you haven't received your VIN. If you don't want to cancel and want to make some changes, I will say you can still do it and get a price adjustment.

How can I cancel my Model 3 order?
If you have already designed and ordered your Model 3, please send your cancellation request to [email protected] from the email address on your Tesla Account. Please note that after receiving a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), you will not be eligible to receive a refund for your order deposit.

You saved $2900 going to the new price structure, but spent $3000 to get the basic AP.
If you held on to your original order, you might have gotten the same basic AP for free and end up $100 ahead.

How would I get the autopilot for free? Did they offer free autopilot for those who did not order EAP? I haven't kept up with posted news, just he website changes...

My order originally did not have EAP.
I was banking on getting the free basic AP and then self-upgrading to FSD post-delivery, but the upgrade price was uncertain.

Today the edit button disappeared on my order, and in the same place there was a new "upsell" link asking if I wanted to add EAP.
I clicked it and submitted the upgrade request, to lock in the $5000 FSD essentially, and my Order Agreement has been updated to show EAP for $5000. Car base price is still pre-price reduction, so I should fall into the ordered, but undelivered, EAP->FSD free bucket of orders.

So, for those still waiting for delivery, EAP is not fully dead... yet.