Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you purchased FSD or EAP after delivery....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the fence about buying FSD/EAP with my new X Plaid. My question is, if I buy FSD or EAP after the fact, is there any way to get the Monroney sticker updated for insurance or any other type of documentation for insurance? I'm afraid my insurance company wouldn't count it in the cost of the vehilce if it isn't included at purchase.

Call your insurance company and ask for additional coverage... just like you would if you added aftermarket modifications. Also coming from a model 3 with FSD is absolutely is not worth the money at $15k,

Why not subscribe? it's like $199/month which is like 75 months. You'll also not get that money back on the resale market, just look at ebay and marketplace...

I'm on the fence about buying FSD/EAP with my new X Plaid. My question is, if I buy FSD or EAP after the fact, is there any way to get the Monroney sticker updated for insurance or any other type of documentation for insurance? I'm afraid my insurance company wouldn't count it in the cost of the vehilce if it isn't included at purchase.
Either way, the FSD/EAP packages’ value doesn’t hold much water when reselling the car. In fact, once you spend the $15,000 you could consider that money gone - poof - gone.