Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IGN: Tesla Model S Review (July 18, 2013)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ryan,

I happen to be someone who both reads IGN and drives a Tesla. I think you really "got it" in your review. It is the coolest piece of tech, or the coolest gadget anyone can buy. My wife, when she tells friends about our decision to buy it, notes that I was the 13 year old kid in 1983 to spend a massive sum for a Commodore 64-- and the Tesla is very much in that vein. A personal computer back then is like an all electric car today.

Some of my friends create the Gamers With Jobs podcast, and the Tesla came up in their last two shows because I zipped them around in the Tesla over the 4th of July weekend. They remarked that it is a "gamer's car." I think they are right, and I bet you would agree. The first thing one of them did was pull up the Gamers With Jobs website on the screen.

I think your article was well-researched and well-crafted. From one gamer to another -- Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words, that written and video review was done by me! :biggrin:

Ryan, what a fantastic piece. Great work, I could just see the E3 parking lot filled with Teslas as a result! :cool:

But more than that, your piece introduced to Model S to many readers that will be fascinated by it, and, that's a good thing by any measure. It's a gamers dream car, a stunning piece of tech that's going to prove a serious game-changer as more folks learn about it.

RyanJM,

I can safely say that I have read hundreds of articles on Tesla, Elon Musk, the Model S and I have never read a more thorough and logical review.

I think the perspective of liking and engaging with technology really shone through. There was no preconceived notion of you needing the Tesla Model S to BE some other car.

Square one evaluation.

Very smart, very insightful and very fun to watch and read.