Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ignite Talk on Tesla Psychosis (video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The theme of Ignite Talks is: Enlighten Us, But Make it Quick

Each speaker has 20 slides that auto advance every 15 seconds for a total time of 5 minutes. When I attended Foo Camp this year, I was asked to give an Ignite Talk. Naturally, I gave mine on Tesla Psychosis ;)

If you don't know what Foo Camp is, it's the academy awards of unconferences for geeks - except that there are no awards, or hotel rooms: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/01/09/bus2.feat.geek.camp/ - there were three Model S owners at Foo Camp this year :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great summary! Is the "Foo" in Foo camp derived from the old groaner joke about the Foo Bird?

Foo stands for "Friends of O'Reilly" It's an invite only three day geek camp out "unconference" where there is no agenda and the attendees make up the agenda together on the first night after we pitch our tents. O'Reilly Media's founder Tim O'Reilly (one of the other Model S owners, by the way) and his team select 200 geeks either from previous years or from nominations from previous Foo Campers to bring in new blood, and we all camp out and share ideas with each other over microbrews. Inventors, hackers, rocket scientists, robots, computer geniuses - it's an incredible crowd. You never know who you are talking to, but chances are they are pretty interesting and very, very smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job. Especially love the glasses at 4:02 in the video (the ones Cattledog had at the first Tesla party he threw on the left then the ones I ordered for his delivery on the right).

That's awesome! That slide got a lot of laughs :)