Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So self tapping screws into the underbody? Ugh. Making me nervous. Any concerns with doing this or is it pretty minor?
super easy, get 3/4" long self tapping stainless steel screws at lowes..,,take your time lining up...i used blue painters tape at 3 locations, had 2 of us, fit it perfect and then got it mounted with the 3M two sided tape, then after installed screws......

Bad news my Matt cf lip came with tons of scratches. Deep long white scratches. Extremely disappointing. Paid 450 plus tax.

Attachments

• DAFA9318-8DD4-4BB2-8108-A43EACD5BD01.jpeg
    DAFA9318-8DD4-4BB2-8108-A43EACD5BD01.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 246
  • E3690000-E108-4689-94ED-C4D6E03391A4.jpeg
    E3690000-E108-4689-94ED-C4D6E03391A4.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 219
  • E7DE40A4-0BE1-455C-AC82-263F59D98BCD.jpeg
    E7DE40A4-0BE1-455C-AC82-263F59D98BCD.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 221
I know your not going to put it on but how’s the fitment otherwise? Just curious. Finding those in Matte is tough. Everything is Gloss.

Ski
It seemed fine. It seemed to dig into the bumper pretty hard on the ends. I have ppf but I didn’t you can be sure your paint is getting marred. Only an issue of you remove it i suppose. the quality is just ok. It’s hollow and light. I’m not sure it’s worth 450 but that seems to be the going rate for real cf.

I ordered mine directly from Ikon to avoid the very issue that happened to me. Clearly no qc as the scratches were immediately visible.

It seemed fine. It seemed to dig into the bumper pretty hard on the ends. I have ppf but I didn’t you can be sure your paint is getting marred. Only an issue of you remove it i suppose. the quality is just ok. It’s hollow and light. I’m not sure it’s worth 450 but that seems to be the going rate for real cf.

I ordered mine directly from Ikon to avoid the very issue that happened to me. Clearly no qc as the scratches were immediately visible.
Thanks for the followup. I agree I would have thought purchasing direct from Ikon would somewhat alleviate your issues. Unless it happened in shipping which if they’re an upstanding reputable company hopefully won’t go that route and will make it right for you. Please let us know what you decide and what Ikons remedy is. Best of luck my friend! I think these things are best installed and forget types of things. Similar to mudflats and the damage they leave behind. I have a 2018 P3D+ that I purchased mud flaps for and never installed for this reason. After seeing the myriad of issues people were having if removed for any reason. Some PPFed underneath before install but that could be a bandaid too.

Ski

Thanks for the followup. I agree I would have thought purchasing direct from Ikon would somewhat alleviate your issues. Unless it happened in shipping which if they’re an upstanding reputable company hopefully won’t go that route and will make it right for you. Please let us know what you decide and what Ikons remedy is. Best of luck my friend! I think these things are best installed and forget types of things. Similar to mudflats and the damage they leave behind. I have a 2018 P3D+ that I purchased mud flaps for and never installed for this reason. After seeing the myriad of issues people were having if removed for any reason. Some PPFed underneath before install but that could be a bandaid too.

Ski
I’ll report back. As for the damage definitely not shipping related. It was well packed. Must have happened before it was packed. Also the material is extremely hard so it would take a lot of effort to get those scratches in there.

I’ll report back. As for the damage definitely not shipping related. It was well packed. Must have happened before it was packed. Also the material is extremely hard so it would take a lot of effort to get those scratches in there.
Those look more like cuts than scratches with how fine and wavy they are. Someone probably used box cutter to cut open a shipment then repackaged and mailed the outermost one to you without noticing. I'd ask them for a partial refund then just repair that damaged epoxy yourself.