Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the Tesla world, but not new to modifying cars having put together some really great BMWs over the years. I've purchased several parts from IKON Motorsports in the past without any issues, I've always found the quality to be superb so when I saw they offered Model 3 parts, I was excited.

It also helped that in all of my searching, I did not think a single front lip out there looked any good. Most of them come too far up the bumper and looks like a cheap body kit someone glued on a Toyota Corolla. It doesn't flow and looks like an afterthought.

This was by far one of the best looking lips I could find, when I build cars they must be clean and look like they should have came like this from the factory. Not wild, just the way it should have been offered.

That said, both the weave and the fitment on this lip ($499.99) was perfect. It installed easily too, with a strip of pre-applied 3M double sided tape to hold it up against the edge, and 9 pre-drilled holes beneath it that will require some self-tapping screws. I used some stainless self-tapping screws with some washers to attach it.

Car looks spectacular.

6flMU5Q.jpg

zMZCxjx.jpg

RG09YtG.jpg

jtvWlei.jpg

cA5d3ZZ.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I agree the IKON's look the best out of all the other front lips that are on the market. I am considering the same product for my Model 3. Just a little concerned how it will look overall, if not balanced by either a rear or side skirts. I'm pretty sure I would never add side skirts, since I really like the look and functionality of the molded mud guards that I currently have on my vehicle. It is my understanding that you typically cannot use mud guards with these aftermarket side skirts... and even if you could, the two would not look good/right next to each other.

The photos you posted are nice & helpful. Ultimately, I think the only way I would be brave enough to pull the trigger is after seeing one of these in person. Too bad you are not closer to me (central Virginia)!

Again, looks fantastic on your vehicle! Enjoy it!!

Reactions: OnkelDunkel
I disagree. I don't think you need 20's to run the lip. I have 18's and it looks fine. Lowering maybe.

View attachment 499730 View attachment 499731

Nice! That does look pretty awesome, although the 18's do appear a little small to my eyes... at least when looking at these photos. In person, I'm sure you get a different perspective. Either way, I like the look on your particular vehicle. Well done!

I’ve been waiting for a review and install of this lip. Has been on the top of my list so far. Couple questions...how thick is the lip? Is it thin and easily cracked or thicker and more sturdy/stout? Is it full carbon or carbon over frp? And do happen to have pics of the backside....side that mounts onto the bumper?

I’ve been waiting for a review and install of this lip. Has been on the top of my list so far. Couple questions...how thick is the lip? Is it thin and easily cracked or thicker and more sturdy/stout? Is it full carbon or carbon over frp? And do happen to have pics of the backside....side that mounts onto the bumper?

It's a thinner FRP reinforced carbon, but the weave and coating looks to be very good. It does seem like it has some flex to it so it's not the end of the world if you scrape on something, but as with any lowered car...just be careful. I can snap a pic later.

You can kinda see on the first picture how it's not super thick.