Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to buy the bolts and clips from lowes. I followed Hkbruin’s directions on this thread. Worked really well.

Attachments

• 16E01EA0-6624-448C-B3E6-25ACAFA12FE6.jpeg
    16E01EA0-6624-448C-B3E6-25ACAFA12FE6.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 479
Reactions: Dysan911
I wonder how hard it would be to spray this gloss black. I already have the maxton rear valance in gloss black so kinda figure I'd need the front lip to match...
I painted mine myself. It’s quite some work. Sanding, Polyvance Super Prep to remove the mold release agent, plastic primer, primer and filler, sanding, base coat, and then 2k clear coat.

Attachments

• BCF869EB-2C7E-4C14-9585-B8B9111606B2.jpeg
    BCF869EB-2C7E-4C14-9585-B8B9111606B2.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 388
When installing the Ikon lip, is double sided tape absolutely necessary or are the screws secured enough? Also, I hear a few folks talk about a gap between the lip and the bumper, where does that occur?

I have the PP on order, and will paint it white like one of the previous poster because I like that oem look. Thanks for your feedback.

When installing the Ikon lip, is double sided tape absolutely necessary or are the screws secured enough? Also, I hear a few folks talk about a gap between the lip and the bumper, where does that occur?
The Back end and corners of the lip are held up by screws/fasteners but the top-front sags a bit away from the bottom of the bumper.
This is probably the gap you're speaking of, the tape will be needed to close that gap.
I used the tape + some black silicone caulk to seal the gap even further.

I stopped using Amazon, glad I already have mine then.

Reactions: WhiteMY
I decided to pull the trigger and replace the cheap 3-piece lip I have presently and go with this one since I think it looks way better. I found it on Ebay. Ikon motorsports apparently has an Ebay account. It went from a price of $199, to $154 to $147 and now it's back up to $199 again. I found the seller Advancedtuning selling it for still for $154 and snagged it since I missed out on the $147 cost :( . It does show it comes with the hardware and a few strips of double-sided tape. (At least the pics of it they include on the item).

Having some issues popping open the undercarriage front tray to install the clamps for the PP lip. Any advise on how best to open and close it back up? It seems to be wedged under the front bumper in a number of places. Thanks.
I finally got the under tray to pop out, had to pull the bumper down and the stick a finger into grab the tray to pull in down (wasn’t fun). While the lip looks really cool the fitness seems below average, as that gap you guys are talking about is no joke. Also, longer clips they supply to secure the sides are pretty useless, they don’t go all the way in. I had to use the OEM push pin to substitute and secure (somewhat) the round clip housing.
4CDE8ACE-775C-4420-AEE3-DB58FBA37138.jpeg
88C71334-6D91-42F4-A111-DBB2DADD16D8.jpeg

Reactions: dfwatt and Hayden