Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm an idiot, but saved by Tesla Mobile Service!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern NH - Last Tuesday, I was backing into my garage and noticed I was little to close to the passenger side mirror, so I pulled forward and thought I re-adjusted, but..I'm an idiot. Ripped the mirror apart! I actually blame the impaired view on the rearview camera due to the rain, But...

Scheduled a repair via the Tesla app the next morning (submitted pics via the app as well) and I had a quote from Tesla a few hours later (around $950). Made the appointment for today (Wednesday, 1 week later) via the app as well. I then called my insurance company, and submitted pics to them. They made me take it to their authorized repair center, which I did immediately. They gave a quote while I waited, but said they could not do the work as they were not Tesla authorized (their quote was $50 cheaper).

Next day Insurance wired money into my account, less the $300 deductible.

Today (Wednesday) Tesla mobile showed up (within the 2 hour appointment window), and within 30 minutes I had the entire mirror assembly replaced (with the old in my garage for spare parts).

Pretty quick, pretty efficient, pretty painless (well $350 it cost me). Tesla Mobile Service was great.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpeg
    IMG_2100.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Big Ike
I have had lots of insurance claims, none of them my fault, like deer, floods, vandalism, people hitting me. Will something like this raise your insurance rates?

Yup, as it was my fault.

But I have another interesting story for you - 2 vehicles back I had a QX-56 that when I traded it in was valued less because of the accident history - it had been hit 5 times, all 5 while it was legally parked (street, driveway, parking lots, etc), once pretty severely (a car jumped off the street, over a snowbank and hit head on to my parked car). They said it was worth $5k less because of the accidents. I called my Insurance company (USAA) and asked them why am I getting 5K less for my vehicle when none of those accidents were my fault? They said to have the dealer put it in writing (which they did), and USAA sent me $5,000 for the difference.

Yup, as it was my fault.

..................... They said it was worth $5k less because of the accidents. I called my Insurance company (USAA) and asked them why am I getting 5K less for my vehicle when none of those accidents were my fault? They said to have the dealer put it in writing (which they did), and USAA sent me $5,000 for the difference.
WOW! That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I have been with USAA for 25 years. Greatest customer service I’ve experienced. Always quick response to insurance claims.
I, too, have USAA...they are great and their agents are some of the nicest people I have ever talked to on the phone. Just recently compared insurance costs (home, cars, etc)., the other insurance companies couldn't come close to what I had with USAA.

Reactions: Jubess