Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm getting an occasional alert on the power consumption dash display. Should I worry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Folks,

I keep my right dash display in trip mode. At random intervals, separated by hours or even days and for no reason I can figure out, it has started switching to the instantaneous power consumption display for a handful of seconds with a small yellow alert triangle in the lower right corner. Then it reverts to trip mode.

It didn't used to do that. What does this mean???

Thanks!

Ctein

Mine does this when it is cold outside and the battery is heating up. If I leave my warm garage and it's very cold outside, the battery temp will go down a bit before the battery heaters and/or heat from the motors bring it up to operating temperature. The energy gauge will quickly show you an exclamation mark and some yellow lines at the bottom - indicating that the battery temp is a bit low and your regen is reduced. It usually fluctuates in and out of this state for only a few minutes in these situations. Not sure if this what happening with yours but hope this helps.

Reactions: Bigriver
Sounds like it is just notifying you that you are temporarily regen-limited due to cold temperature.

inkedimg_6274_li-jpg.338013