Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive Sound Disappears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to do a reset almost every time I get into the car now. The sound is terrible and the Immersive Sound setting is gone until holding down the scroll wheels and having it come back. Not sure when or how this happened. Is there a way to report the issue? Hearing Bug Reports don’t go anywhere other than the car for service logs.

Reactions: GadgetGary
I have been having the same issue. The sound will only come out of the dashboard speaker, and the immersive sound setting disappears too. Resetting the car solves the issue until it happens again. Just installed 2021.36.8 software update yesterday and hoping that solves the issue. Have a service appointment scheduled for Nov 12, but assuming it’s a software thing not sure how valuable it will be

I saw another thread talking about this. Sentry now shuts down the amp or something like that, to consume less power. And it doesn'T restart properly. A reboot fixes it. Software bug, should be solved eventually...
Interesting. Tesla mobile service came by to swap a headlight and I mentioned the lack of bass on some restarts and he wasn't aware of the connection with Sentry mode / the sub not being restarted - he was talking about the center console or something like that being the problem.

Pretty annoying because it makes using Sentry mode more hassle than it is worth. I have to remember to deactivate sentry mode before I enter the car or the sub amp won't fire up.

I don't think that's how the problem arose. My understanding (but I could be wrong) is that when sentry activates, it turns off the amp. At that point it's too late, the amp won't turn back on unless the car falls asleep and wakes up, or you reboot the infotainment. The car will only fall asleep if you turn sentry off and leave it there for say 30 minutes... simply turning sentry off when you board the car, if sentry ran before you got in, won't solve anything. You would need to have sentry off all the time, so that it never activates.

It seems that one of the most recent software updates (before 2021.40) fixes the issue. You shouldn't have long to wait.

Reactions: GadgetGary