Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive sound SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve lost this feature in the last update. I could tell the difference on the different settings, but I wonder if there is some intellectual property issue or some other patent thing that would result in Tesla taking this away? Like what happened to pole position.

I’m not allowed to talk about my firmware though.

I’ve lost this feature in the last update. I could tell the difference on the different settings, but I wonder if there is some intellectual property issue or some other patent thing that would result in Tesla taking this away? Like what happened to pole position.

I’m not allowed to talk about my firmware though.
What Model 3 do you have?

I'm thinking it's just an accidental omission. The original firmware the SR+ came with satellite maps so I wouldn't be surprised if their QA process isn't the best.

Took my Model 3 in to the SC for this issue and they confirmed those speakers are software locked for SR+ owners. They did add additional insulation to the doors as a precaution for potential future rattles. Overall a disappointing outcome for the speakers but I did get a nice small benefit out of taking it in.

I’ve tried it with my eyes open and closed. Maybe I’m just tone deaf, but I honestly can’t tell the difference between any of the settings.

It’s April and with a few firmware updates since, I’ve listened to all types of music using various media’s, I also played Immersive type music and I can’t tell the difference either so I doubt it’s even working correctly.

Fred