TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Immersive sound SR+?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Spice, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Spice

Spice Member

I can't seem to find the option to enable immersive sound in the SR+. Is this a feature enabled by default or something I should see in the sound settings?

2. Hobblyjig

Hobblyjig Member

I picked up my SR+ yesterday. I also can't turn on the immersive sound, and without that option there are speakers in the car that are totally silent (A pillar, and front window speakers). My neighbor has a long range with the full premium. There is a toggle in music options that turns on and off the immersive sound. You and I paid for it, but its not there.

I'm also missing that Auto Lane Change feature of the Autopilot. The owners manual says its part of the Autopilot suite, not the FSD but I don't have it.....

Also! I have Satellite-view maps, but I shouldn't. Ugh. I hope they get it fixed quick.

3. MrMassTransit

MrMassTransit Member

I have an SR+ so I’m in the same boat, but I have a question: is there any reason why one would turn immsersive sound off? It seems strange to me that this would even be an option (on cars where this is working correctly), unless I’m completely missing something.

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#4 SMAlset, Mar 24, 2019 at 7:41 PM
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 7:53 PM
    Not by my car right now but there is a setting for it and SR+ does/should have it. Let’s see if I remember... open up your music, on the right you’ll see the Equalizer. Open that and there are 3 categories for customizing. One category I remember is Balance as I just reset mine the other day. Not sure which one has the Immersive sound but it’s in one of those 3 areas.

I have it in my car and it is worth the upgrade IMO. Not everybody likes a big sound I guess so they made it toggle-able. Not something for most “radio” stations, but the car’s Romance tracks for instance...nice!

5. EV-by-the-Sea

EV-by-the-Sea Member

FWIW since one of the most recent firmware upgrades I seem to have lost the "immersive" sound setting option on my LR AWD.

6. SRPLUSBB

SRPLUSBB Member

Took delivery of my SR+ on 3/23 and have no sound from the A-pillar speakers, nor have an option for "immersive sound" anywhere in the settings. My Tesla delivery rep was befuddled when I identified the problem at delivery (I had heard about it in a couple other forums), and promised to follow-up next week by Wednesday. I chalk it up to a software issue that will get resolved. Otherwise love the car.

7. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

FWIW I’m on 2019.5.15 and as I mentioned just reset my audio settings and immersive was definitely there.

8. Spice

Spice Member

#8 Spice, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:05 PM
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 10:19 PM
    You own an SR+? If so can you take a picture of the car menu?

9. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

No AWD LR. Responded to @EV-by-the-Sea’s post where he said he had an AWD LR. But our cars do have the Immersive Sound speakers like the SR+.

10. Spice

Spice Member

Ah, yea I wish that was the solution for the SR+ but currently I haven't found a owner with it enabled.

11. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#11 SMAlset, Mar 24, 2019 at 10:37 PM
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 11:34 PM
    Here’s what it looks like on my AWD LR screen (2019.5.15). Under Options. If no SR+ sees this, my guess is they were rushed and didn’t pass what ever needed to be set up for SR+ yet. Do you guys have the Options section?

24487CFB-F70B-4240-A4C0-49C4B6BA1114.jpeg

12. kayleia

kayleia Member

What is the software version of your car?

I ask because it seems in one of the latest releases they removed immersive sound for *everybody*, and it seems to be a bug because they fixed it in a slightly later release. So you might be on that buggy release, and when they roll the newer release with the fix to the wider fleet, you will get immersive sound back.

13. Spice

Spice Member

This is what I see in my SR+. I'm running 2019.5.15 and never had the option for immersive sound.

Attached Files:

14. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

Must be coded to variations of cars and not updated for the SR+. That’s really strange to see the same version of software and yet a different screen.

15. Spice

Spice Member

Yeah I seem to be lucky to just have my fog lights enabled in the software. It seems some people who bought the SR+ are reporting they didn't have the option in the software.