Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With last update I got (2021.32.21) it says that now I should have a new setting in "Media > Audio Settings > Immersive Sound > AUTO"
I checked in my car, but the option is not present. I already re-booted the car, to no avail.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

My experience with SiriusXM and other Audio "updates" is that the implementation sometimes must be triggered by some sequence which doesn't always trigger with a reboot. I had a similar experience with this Immersive Sound update. I bet in a day or so it will show up. Mine did.

Same behaviour here. The updates is mentioned in the Notes but I cannot find it where it should be.
I wonder if this has to do with the premium sound which was not in all vehicule in 2017/2018. Does your car say in the details in your account "no premium interior" ? Mine does.
Error is distributing the specific code ?

Reactions: DerbyDave
^ this makes sense, but shouldn't they be able to figure out which VINs have and don't have the premium audio, and distribute the update only to those that have it? It is confusing; like others I have spent some time fruitlessly looking for the immersive audio. Not least because the last *3* of the software updates for my car purport to be 2021.32.21, but, nada.

All of the updates now contain specific new code for the 2021 S LR and Plaid, and other specific models. It contains language support for other countries, and enables country specific features and changes. It would be nearly impossible to send out individual updates to certain serial number cars, certain countries, certain options, certain models, etc. The installer on the updated code checks all of this before installing, and only installs the appropriate update for your car with your options, in your country. This site does a good job of breaking out which updates in a particular update version pertains to your country and your model: 2021.32.22 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Still this is surprising as this is the only error I have seen so far. The code has always been specific to my region and the car options. Which Tesla is aware off since they show in my car details in my account. I must be quite a challenge to keep track with the many parameters but I belive they drop the ball on this one.
Not a big issue. A simple reminder that as time go by, the updates get less relevant for my particular VIN...

True, what pops up in your car and is in the history should be those updates applied to your car. I believe this is still true. If you do not have SiriusXM, or Premium Sound, those updates may still be applied in your car even though you do not currently have those features. You may add them.

Reactions: etigro
I do not have the premium sound, so this should be the reason why I can not find the "auto" button anywhere.
This is the first time in 4 years that Tesla has sent out an updated with a release note that is showing something NOT for my car. in more than a hundred updates received so far release notes have always only shown specific updates for my car.

I have the 2021 SR+ (which does not have full premium sound) picked up my car last weekend. I got the update today and I DO have the option I switched it on but didn't notice any immediate difference but will select some tunes tomorrow to test it out properly.

We have been concidering investing in the activation kits to improve the sound so hoping this update may save us some £££.

Last edited:
I have the 2021 SR+ (which does not have full premium sound) picked up my car last weekend.
I believe ALL Model S and Model X vehicles built from July 20th, 2018 onwards have the Premium Upgrades Package (which includes the Premium Audio) as standard.

Unless you are talking about a Model 3 or a Model Y, your 2021 Standard Range Plus Model S has the Premium Sound, as you can tell from the Immersive Sound setting available on your vehicle.

You can also tell you have the Premium Audio by looking at the subwoofer located in the rear boot (trunk) of the Model S.

Last edited: