Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impact of new Nav Maps on FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been on 10.9 since it was released. Its been my best experience to date. Yesterday, I got the updated Nav Maps but no other software changes. Afterwards, roads it used to drive fine are iffy and I've had to disengage. I was surprised by this. I figured the FSD driving functionality would come mostly from the cameras. I'm surprised the maps could have much effect. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have improved using turn signals or anything like that.

What are others experience with the map update?

My car has been on 10.9 since it was released. Its been my best experience to date. Yesterday, I got the updated Nav Maps but no other software changes. Afterwards, roads it used to drive fine are iffy and I've had to disengage. I was surprised by this. I figured the FSD driving functionality would come mostly from the cameras. I'm surprised the maps could have much effect. Sadly, it doesn't seem to have improved using turn signals or anything like that.

What are others experience with the map update?
See my sig for various FSD issues tied to maps being incorrect.

If you are saying it used to be ok, now bad - check TomTom and other maps to see what the maps show.

I just got the updated map and still on 10.8.1. Map routing error not fixed. I have a couple of these where routing wants me to turn right and then immediately do a U turn. I reported these to Tesla several months ago.
Map Routing Error.png

Last edited: