Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inconsistent Storm Watch Behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday we had our first Storm Watch activation as the result of a tornado warning. However, it didn’t activate until about 20 minutes into the warning. In the meantime, nearby downed trees knocked out power nearby. The Storm Watch mode ended exactly at the end of the warning interval which is what I expected. While I was glad to see it activate, the late start limited its usefulness.

Today - we just had exactly the same storm scenario - a significant storm with another tornado warning. There was no activation of Storm Watch.

This leaves me baffled as to what alert condition initiates Storm Watch. It seems as though there must be human intervention and the same practices are not consistently followed.

Yeah, feels like some part time worker managing the system. We had a wildfire preemptive power shutdown thing going on a few weeks ago in Northern California. Storm watch didn’t turn on until after the threat had passed. And it stayed on for several days more.

Yeah, feels like some part time worker managing the system. We had a wildfire preemptive power shutdown thing going on a few weeks ago in Northern California. Storm watch didn’t turn on until after the threat had passed. And it stayed on for several days more.
This may be the case where it needs to be done manually and is a problem of someone being aware. Wonder if calling in would help in these cases?