Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got second bump.

Original - Sept 26
First bump - Sept 28
Second bump - Oct 1

Lucky at least I have a date. So much, for the following quote:

Kimbal Musk: We Can Get You Your Model 3 By End of Week

Honestly, my time frames are ok, but every time I think the company is on track, one of the Musk brothers do or say something frustrating. I hope the above link is a misquote — otherwise I guess it’s my fault for not trying hard enough to get my car by the end of September.

Just got second bump.

Original - Sept 26
First bump - Sept 28
Second bump - Oct 1

Lucky at least I have a date. So much, for the following quote:

Kimbal Musk: We Can Get You Your Model 3 By End of Week

Honestly, my time frames are ok, but every time I think the company is on track, one of the Musk brothers do or say something frustrating. I hope the above link is a misquote — otherwise I guess it’s my fault for not trying hard enough to get my car by the end of September.
Talk about ups and downs.

My VIN disappeared last night. Delivery Advisor was very responsive and said didn't know what was going on but looking like will need to reschedule again and Oct 1 was probably not in the cards.

Turns out I have now been assigned VIN #3.

Got the surprise call from the Indy SC an hour ago that my car is in. Trying to finish up paperwork so I can pick it up TONIGHT!.

Decided to check in with the SC in Castleton. They told me my car is still sitting on a train in Hammond. DA has turned into a ghost. This shiz is really starting to tick me off.

I don't mind if my delivery appointment changes, just wish someone from Tesla would be a bit more proactive, rather than "my bad dude, we can't find your car".

Decided to check in with the SC in Castleton. They told me my car is still sitting on a train in Hammond. DA has turned into a ghost. This shiz is really starting to tick me off.

I don't mind if my delivery appointment changes, just wish someone from Tesla would be a bit more proactive, rather than "my bad dude, we can't find your car".
Yeah. They told me that mine is still at hub too but that they are expecting it to come tonight or tomorrow am. I'm trying to keep my hopes up, but...

Talk about ups and downs.

My VIN disappeared last night. Delivery Advisor was very responsive and said didn't know what was going on but looking like will need to reschedule again and Oct 1 was probably not in the cards.

Turns out I have now been assigned VIN #3.

Got the surprise call from the Indy SC an hour ago that my car is in. Trying to finish up paperwork so I can pick it up TONIGHT!.

Took delivery yesterday. As everyone else has shared, you will quickly forget all the predelivery challenges.

Currently 240 cars on the lot being delivered over next couple days. 20 carriers per day expected in Indy foreseeable future. They are getting a number of “inventory” cars that the SC is matching. That is how my order went from MIA to delivery in under 24 hours.

My delivery guy has been on-site 18ish hours per day for recent past and near future. If not doing deliveries, then trying to match cars for owners.

Great guy. We talked sec drama, other stuff about why he so believes in Tesla (very positive, great service despite long hours). He shared a small logistics team screwed up a bunch of vin assignments earlier in the week to try and expedite orders. Caused a bunch of headaches for the field that they were fixing.

Side note - my car was flawless, perfectly detailed.

Good luck. Promise the time is very near.

I showed up at the SC last night to find out if my delivery was going to happen today at 8:30 am, since I couldn’t get any info over the phone.

Tesla team at the SC was very nice like they always have been. My car went from Hammond to Fort Wayne. They have no clue what happened.

I was told to check in at 7 am today, which I just did. No car. No update on future delivery.

I just checked my Tesla account and my VIN is gone and my delivery date has vanished. Back to a delivery window of Sept - Nov.

I wouldn’t mind if my delivery was going to be a later date, just communicate that to me. The lack of information and communication for delivery is maddening.

Took delivery yesterday. As everyone else has shared, you will quickly forget all the predelivery challenges.

Currently 240 cars on the lot being delivered over next couple days. 20 carriers per day expected in Indy foreseeable future. They are getting a number of “inventory” cars that the SC is matching. That is how my order went from MIA to delivery in under 24 hours.

My delivery guy has been on-site 18ish hours per day for recent past and near future. If not doing deliveries, then trying to match cars for owners.

Great guy. We talked sec drama, other stuff about why he so believes in Tesla (very positive, great service despite long hours). He shared a small logistics team screwed up a bunch of vin assignments earlier in the week to try and expedite orders. Caused a bunch of headaches for the field that they were fixing.

Side note - my car was flawless, perfectly detailed.

Good luck. Promise the time is very near.

I’m really happy you got your Model 3 and that it was perfect for you bro!!!

Don’t lose hope. My vin disappeared and a new one didn’t appear until night before my delivery. The guys at the delivery center are of the mindset where they do not want to overpromise. However, my delivery guy was optimistic that they would have the overwhelming group of us satisfied by the end of the first week in October, but lots of jigsaw puzzling on their end to make it happen.

Got a complete profile email from Tesla late last night. Found out on way to Indy from Fort Wayne, that car had been removed from my account and appt removed as well by updating my account page. No text/phone call at all from Tesla. Very disappointed. As are my family who travelled 400 miles to be there with me when I got the car.

Got a complete profile email from Tesla late last night. Found out on way to Indy from Fort Wayne, that car had been removed from my account and appt removed as well by updating my account page. No text/phone call at all from Tesla. Very disappointed. As are my family who travelled 400 miles to be there with me when I got the car.
Damn that’s no good. Have you gotten any updates?

I’m in a similar situation. No clue where my car is. However, the one saving grace is that I live about 10 mins from the SC.