Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has a delivery coming up, prepare for the delay. I was scheduled for this Saturday 9/22. I have my VIN and MVPA. I stopped into the SC to see if things were on track. They looked it up and one of the trains is held up in Chicago. Pushing everything back one week. Now we are looking at either Sept 29 or Oct 1st (because you can deliver a car on Sunday in Indiana).

Ive been counting down the days, but now i have to add 7 or 9 to that number. Back up to double digit days...

I posted this in the awd waiting room also, but figured all of us Indy guys are in this together:

Interesting observation — i am exactly 7 days prior to my scheduled delivery according to the calendar entry in my order summary. It says 11 am Indy time but when I add the appt automatically it shows as 2 pm Indy time (11 am Calif time).

Just for kicks i looked at 11 am Indy time today. No VIN.

So I tried 159pm Indy time = No VIN.

Then tried 2pm Indy time /11am Calif time and VIN was there

Last edited:
I posted this in the awd waiting room also, but figured all of Indy guys are in this together:

Interesting observation — i am exactly 7 days prior to my scheduled delivery according to the calendar entry in my order summary. It say 11 am Indy time but when I add the appt automatically it shows as 2 pm Indy time (11 am Calif time).

Just for kicks i looked at 11 am Indy time today. No VIN.

So I tried 159pm Indy time = No VIN.

Then tried 2pm Indy time /11am Calif time and VIN was there

I'll be able to test your observation in a few hours.

I have an appointment 9/26 3pm CST (Chicago land)
I just clicked on 'Add to Calendar' from the Tesla website and sure enough, it says 5pm CST (which would be 3pm Cali).
I guess we will see if I get a VIN in a few hours :)

I have delivery scheduled for 9/26 and have still not received my VIN, so being less than a week away I called the Service Center in Castleton at (317) 814-6667 and they were able to look up my account and ready out my VIN! It is in the 91xxx range.

I had my delivery scheduled for 9/26 and had my VIN, so I finalized my financing and signed my MVPA. Credit Union shipped check to Tesla SC Monday.

I called in to see if my delivery date was still on schedule and the dude I spoke with said I see a delivery date of 10/3.

I have been emailing the store manager in Castleton and she said great news, you car will be in Ohio on 9/28. I told her my delivery date is 9/26.

Vin disappeared this morning. Still showing 9/26 delivery, but know thats not realistic given the other delays posted here. While it is disappointing, I appreciate the updates here. I would rather know well in advance than get my hopes up the night before. I guess i will just sit tight and see when they officially let me know.

Vin disappeared this morning. Still showing 9/26 delivery, but know thats not realistic given the other delays posted here. While it is disappointing, I appreciate the updates here. I would rather know well in advance than get my hopes up the night before. I guess i will just sit tight and see when they officially let me know.
Got vin yesterday. Vin disappeared this am. Now just got a new vin, but still on sept 26 delivery date.

Cash, no trade—in. Wonder if f that matters this close to quater end.

Stopped by indy sc today. They said they had 300 upcoming deliveries. They had a tent set up by closed toys r us.

Last edited:
Reactions: USMCTM3Dude
Got vin yesterday. Vin disappeared this am. Now just got a new vin, but still on sept 26 delivery date.

Cash, no trade—in. Wonder if f that matters this close to quater end.

Stopped by indy sc today. They said they had 300 upcoming deliveries. They had a tent set up by closed toys r us.

Wow, 300 deliveries?!? Mine is supposed to be there for delivery on 9/26 too.

What color did you get Shmackers? Mine is MSM.

Im still waiting (White, FSD, AWD, Aero, Cash, No Trade-In). My VIN disappeared and my delivery date changed on the website last week to 10/1 with no notification to me. Just seems like they moved it for the fun of it, but have no idea when ill actually have a car. Ive left voice messages, emails, and texts, but no response (so frustrating to be ignored). Ive cancelled a lot of plans to get around delivery dates. Just wish they could give me an actual date to look forward to.