Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initiative 976

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you planning to vote on Initiative 976?

I support most of the project that Initiative 976 would stop funding. However, I do not support the flat fees on electric and hybrid cars. The fees are higher than what I used to pay in gas taxes. If there are going to be fees, the fees need to phase out based on the age of the car.

I like the idea of helping pay for public charging infrastructure, but the projects do not seem well implemented. Locations are odd, and the charging prices very from reasonable to gouging. Why should it cost $21 for $3 worth of electricity when my taxes paid for the installation of the equipment? The oversight and management of the state funds could be better.

Interested to get others opinions before voting.

I’ll be voting
I think you meant "Don't like a voter approved contract? Sorry, it was approved, you can't commit to buy something and then say you won't pay for it later".

That’s laughable but I won’t debate that here. I guess we should just bend over and pay the yearly tax on our inflated car values and accept the deceiving wording of that ST3 fiasco.

Those huge investments on public transit will become outdated shortly after robotaxi online. Everyone will have their own best stop location and route instead of being crowded together. Also tax on market price should be reasonable, but trusting kbb too much seems a potential risk.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I just got tabs renewal for my ‘17 S75D for $1,150. Based on my calculations, it’s being valued at about $75k (More than I paid for it new). I’ll let that speak for itself.
Electric cars are getting gauged in my opinion. Extra sales tax, extra weight charges, extra RTA fees, plus $200 no matter how much you drive. I don’t want transportation to go unfunded, but there needs to be a rate structure that does not discourage electrification at every step.

Electric cars are getting gauged in my opinion. Extra sales tax, extra weight charges, extra RTA fees, plus $200 no matter how much you drive. I don’t want transportation to go unfunded, but there needs to be a rate structure that does not discourage electrification at every step.
Forget about the electric car extras, I’m semi-ok with those. What pisses me off is that I’m paying tax on 20k extra vs. what KBB (and market) says my car is worth.

For those that won’t directly use the light rail (and BRT buses) in ST3, these programs will directly help reduce traffic on the roadways you use. They will literally remove hundreds of thousand of other cars from the highways per day when fully built out, (regardless of if the cars are robotaxi or not). The region is predicted to grow by another million people in the coming decade, and the question is do we want to just add those million drivers to our existing traffic, or do we want to have at least some mitigation funded and in place to deal with that first?

Strong “no” on 976 as traffic is already bad enough.