Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Input on wheel design?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Some of the other threads gave a bit of good feedback, so I wanted to ask for input on this wheel design as well. Just had them made, these are 19" based on the Bugatti Chiron wheel with minor aesthetic changes. This one specifically has more differences as the lip is broken up between polish and paint; just did this set to test clearances and maybe use at the track. It does clear the UP lightweight CCBs with the 8 or 10mm spacer with extra room to go, so it may clear the track pack brakes without any revisions. Will know for sure in a week or two.

Thoughts on the design/finish? Any changes you all think would help the aesthetics?

PXL_20240512_054213318.jpg

They kinda remind me of a super aggressive version of the factory wheels on my girlfriend's Crosstrek. I've never been a fan of the contrasty painted/machined wheels, but almost all OEMs have some form of this, presumably because the public likes them. But then again they say everyone likes crossovers and I hate those too. I generally prefer simpler wheel designs.

I can't imagine the cost of having wheels made of a new design. There are already a lot of wheel designs out there, especially split 5 spokes, and to have something designed and made, I would have to know exactly what I wanted and known that it doesn't already exist.

Reactions: Sam1
I can't imagine the cost of having wheels made of a new design. There are already a lot of wheel designs out there, especially split 5 spokes, and to have something designed and made, I would have to know exactly what I wanted and known that it doesn't already exist.
Cost is less than paying retail for cookie cutter designs from a lot of resellers. If it's some type of wild design that has no potential to sell to others, that would cost more. But with something like this that has more potential for sales, eating the design and certification costs isn't a big deal.

Appreciate the input, it really helps deciding on what to sell and what not to deal with.