Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane Interior Temp Reading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interior temp constantly fluctuating between 122F to 72F. 2021 June delivered Model Y is parked in a 68F garage. Service Center could not explain. AC also blows cold air for 5 min and then just warm air regardless of setting. Any ideas? Are the issues related?

Reactions: beachmiles
You would think a faulty interior sensor that reads high, would cause the A/C to run cold longer, rather than warm... I had a car many years ago, where the interior temp gauge always read 65 degrees when it stopped working, which caused the climate control to always think it needed to warm the cabin, so it ran the heat... Putting the climate control in manual allowed me to blow cold air... So I'm not sure what could be causing your A/C to always blow warm regardless of settings...

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There is a shadow recall for HVAC temperature sensors, which might be related to your issue (probably not, but for what it's worth...) I took my 2020 MY in for a separate recall (check seal of control arm ball joints), and while it was in they also warranty-replaced a couple temperature sensors based on the VIN. I had previously noticed that the HVAC was inconsistent in controlling cabin temperature. Now it works as well as I could want.

They replaced:

PT Sensor, Low Pressure, 1 each
PT Sensor, High Pressure, 2 each

The cabin temperature sensor was not replaced, according to the invoice. So your issue may be unrelated, or maybe you have this and a bad cabin sensor! I agree with Carlos31820 above that with values fluctuating that much it's likely a bad connection somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
You didn't mention this but there is an existing bug with the temperature sensor that can happen after a windshield replacement. I think I read on another thread that the fix is to get software pushed to the car (even if already on latest version).

EDIT: Here is that other issue...

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector