Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install Schedule for tomorrow in SoCal - suggestions, guidance, wish me luck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jaysen Can you post the picture of the optimizer layout you took on installation day? I want to be familiar with it since I want to do the same next Monday (my install day). Thanks

I'm away from my tablet which is the device I took the photo on... I'll try and post when I get to it. But basically it is a legal size paper with a pre-printed grid of one inch by one inch squares. The installation team places a sticker in each grid as they install a panel. Unfortunately they did not draw the panel groups (I have 3) and placed each sticker consecutively so I have no idea which panel is which per se.

Reactions: mnsweeps
I'm away from my tablet which is the device I took the photo on... I'll try and post when I get to it. But basically it is a legal size paper with a pre-printed grid of one inch by one inch squares. The installation team places a sticker in each grid as they install a panel. Unfortunately they did not draw the panel groups (I have 3) and placed each sticker consecutively so I have no idea which panel is which per se.

yeah. It seems like normally they use two pieces of paper for this. One is the grid that you got with the optimizer serial numbers and the other is the map that shows where each panel is and the number of the grid that contains the optimizer’s serial number. Unfortunately what you have is pretty useless without that other piece of paper to show you the physical location of each optimizer.

yeah. It seems like normally they use two pieces of paper for this. One is the grid that you got with the optimizer serial numbers and the other is the map that shows where each panel is and the number of the grid that contains the optimizer’s serial number. Unfortunately what you have is pretty useless without that other piece of paper to show you the physical location of each optimizer.

sorry I am so new to these terminologies... But does each panel have one optimizer? I have 24 panels so does that mean I would have 24 optimizers and hence 24 serial numbers to keep track?

sorry I am so new to these terminologies... But does each panel have one optimizer? I have 24 panels so does that mean I would have 24 optimizers and hence 24 serial numbers to keep track?

SolarEdge allows you to install 1 or 2 panels per optimizer, depending on the type of optimizer, but so far I’ve only seen Tesla install 1 panel per optimizer. So, yes, 24 optimizers and 24 serial numbers in your case.

Reactions: mnsweeps