Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation: Coming Soon We'll reach out to you when your installation is ready for scheduling.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Week after the documents were sent to my utility company for approval, I checked with the utility company and they informed me that they had not received any payment (~$500, I presume to review and approve). Had to call my advisor and and inform her. The utility company (Eversource Connecticut), as I made to understand from them, takes a few days to approve.

The first install date we had to choose from was a month out and we’re in solar/PW-busy SF Bay area. Guessing your install teams (maybe fewer than here in Calif.) are booked up until end of year. Ours were doing install work 6 days a week. They estimate how long each job might take and maybe have a little extra room if it goes over like ours did so they can complete a job and still stay on schedule with others booked out. I doubt with end of year and the credits decreasing that people will cancel or want to postpone their date. Also Energy will want to continue to stay fully booked so if a job takes less than expected, they’ll be calling next in line to move up a day or two. Doubt you’re asking to jump the line. For your area I would expect some planned weather leeway in their schedule. Hopefully weather will cooperate and you’ll get moved up. Then there’s the Thanksgiving holiday too. Good luck.

Last edited:
3 months after ordering I finally got my permit approved on 10/7 (it was approved 24 hours after receipt). Haven't had any meaningful communication with Tesla since. About ready to just cancel. I'm trying to figure out what all has to happen between permit and scheduling installation. Sounds like my local utility has to approve something? I can't find any noted status of this on my Tesla portal.

Just got scheduled today looks like7 weeks to get installed? Any way to get this moved up?

Your Solar Panels Installation is Scheduled

Technicians will arrive between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM on November 30, 2020 to install your Solar Panels.
Finally got my install is ready for scheduling message after I called ComEd to ask about status. They said it was approved 2 days ago and I texted my advisor and got the scheduling message right after..smh.

Next date is all the way out on 11/27 though for me.