Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation: Coming Soon We'll reach out to you when your installation is ready for scheduling.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Solar or solar+PW?

Here in SF Bay with 5 teams working on installs in my area specifically and lots of orders to work through, we got that message in July for setting up an install date. Our first date available was a month later in August. Super swamped out here so your area may not be as bad and obviously also dependent on number of install teams and weather (we had wildfire smoke/very unhealthy air quality postpone one of our dates they were to be here).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
how long does this wait process take?

• Installation: Coming Soon

We'll reach out to you when your installation is ready for scheduling.
I think when we received this message in late October it took about 3 weeks for scheduling to get in contact with us. Right before Thanksgiving, we were able to schedule for mid-late February. The actual start was March 3. This was for SolarRoof + 2 PWs.

In my case, my utility permits were not sent and the status showed "Installation coming soon". Had to ping my advisor, to get the permit request sent out. Turnaround time was quoted as 3/4 weeks typical and 5/7 on the outside.

Congrats! Solar or solar+PW?

Here in SF Bay with 5 teams working on installs in my area specifically and lots of orders to work through, we got that message in July for setting up an install date. Our first date available was a month later in August. Super swamped out here so your area may not be as bad and obviously also dependent on number of install teams and weather (we had wildfire smoke/very unhealthy air quality postpone one of our dates they were to be here).

Just Solar Panels no Power Wall

I pinged my contact and she said

We are still waiting for the necessary utility and incentive registration confirmations and this process can take 4 - 8 weeks and after that's complete we can schedule the install

WTF that seams like a really long time?

4-8 weeks total to get all the permits (and I'm assuming the incentives are for the IL ABP program) seems well within the range of typical times people see. It really depends on jurisdiction, so somebody from IL might have more local insight. I would also monitor the progress if possible - ask your advisor for regular updates and/or watch city/state websites if they show permits or statuses. This is just to make sure things don't get stuck anywhere.

My City issued the permit in 1 day and it would have been sooner but Tesla coordinator didn't send over all the docs to the City.

Funny the website said this could all be done in 90 days and now it look like i wont get solar until 2021

You really need to manage this whole process or it will just cascade the timeline.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I pinged my contact and she said

We are still waiting for the necessary utility and incentive registration confirmations and this process can take 4 - 8 weeks and after that's complete we can schedule the install

WTF that seams like a really long time?

Utilities work at their own speed. Took us quite a while for the utility to approves us to interconnect after we passed the final inspection.

I called the Scheduling department and have something set up for 2 weeks. They offered this Friday but we weren’t available. Everything was ready from the city as far as permits so we were literally waiting for scheduling.

But I did have the status of being ready for install.

Reactions: jboy210
I called the Scheduling department and have something set up for 2 weeks. They offered this Friday but we weren’t available. Everything was ready from the city as far as permits so we were literally waiting for scheduling.

But I did have the status of being ready for install.

So once you knew the permit was issued you called "the scheduling department?"

What exactly is that? The general number? :)

So once you knew the permit was issued you called "the scheduling department?"

What exactly is that? The general number? :)

Last October when I was getting my powerwall install scheduled, the "scheduling department" was a separate number that you called (separate from your advisor) which handled all scheduling. They were the department that juggled all the install crews etc. Might be different now, though, this is tesla we are talking about lol.

When I was waiting to schedule my site inspection initially, I decided to call the main line. They transferred me to the “scheduling department.” The guy told me to call them if things were being held up, but I honestly started to work closely with the project advisor.

With this wait for install scheduling, I let two days lapse before calling that number to be transferred. The key was that there were no more conditions on my account...permits, reroofing, etc.

My permit from L.A county just got approved today. I will call advisor to schedule install asap ...I have 8.16 kwh + 2 Powerwalls. I had ordered on 7/28.

Also what conditional approvals from utility are you guys talking about? I am in L.A and have Southern CA Edison... I see some folks from SO CAL...do you guys know what that is?

My permit from L.A county just got approved today. I will call advisor to schedule install asap ...I have 8.16 kwh + 2 Powerwalls. I had ordered on 7/28.

Also what conditional approvals from utility are you guys talking about? I am in L.A and have Southern CA Edison... I see some folks from SO CAL...do you guys know what that is?

I don’t think this applies to us in SoCal...never came up in my discussions with the advisor.

I think it's because we have net metering here. The utility company has to approve a solar install and also only allows you to have a system 110% of your last 12mos usage.

Yeah, it’s definitely dependent on the utility. Some utilities want to see and approve the solar design before install and some don’t care and only want to hear about it after install. In my case, after my permit was approved I talked to my advisor and she told me that I would need to wait for approval from my utility before my install could be scheduled, but then a little while later she sent me a message letting me know that my utility actually didn’t require pre-approval and I was ready to schedule the install.