Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's consistent with the third-party quote I got. Tesla installed two for $13.8k, but that was before the price hike. The drawback is that I did not get an SGIP rebate, but my third-party quote was more expensive even accounting for the rebate.

As much as I went with Tesla in the end, do consider other batteries such as LG Chem 9.8 kWh though SunRun (via Costco). You likely qualify for the SGIP Credit with a 3rd Party Contractor. The 30% Federal Tax credit also can apply for the difference (less SGIP credit).

Since you are in the bay area, Bay Area SunShares is a good program to consider.
  • Peterson Dean Roofing offer the LG Chem 9.8 kWh battery "As low as $11,399"
  • Skytech Solar offers "$10,800 with Solar Purchase - LG Battery"
  • Sunpower offers "Energy Storage: $11,000 - Tesla Powerwall 2.0 ($500 adder if not purchased with the installation of solar.)"

• Informative
Reactions: cr0ntab and Shygar
As much as I went with Tesla in the end, do consider other batteries such as LG Chem 9.8 kWh though SunRun (via Costco). You likely qualify for the SGIP Credit with a 3rd Party Contractor. The 30% Federal Tax credit also can apply for the difference (less SGIP credit).

Since you are in the bay area, Bay Area SunShares is a good program to consider.
  • Peterson Dean Roofing offer the LG Chem 9.8 kWh battery "As low as $11,399"
  • Skytech Solar offers "$10,800 with Solar Purchase - LG Battery"
  • Sunpower offers "Energy Storage: $11,000 - Tesla Powerwall 2.0 ($500 adder if not purchased with the installation of solar.)"
SunPower spent months telling me not to buy Tesla (back in Oct 2017) as former will have their own battery solution while still "offering" as an option a $12K single PowerWall 2.0 install.

Anybody that listened to them would've missed out on Step 2, gotten a really expensive single PowerWall install, and still no SunPower battery.

Meanwhile, going with other 3rd party for Tesla would've gotten Step 2 reservation, but probably still no battery stock to date.