Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Abstract Ocean Performance Pedals-Be Sure to Watch Installation Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday installed the Abstract Ocean performance pedals and they look great. But by not first watching installation video I made it much harder. You are supposed to warm the rubber backing up for 10 minutes to make it more pliable. I didn’t and turned an easy 3-5 minute install into a 40 minute PITA. But I’m happy with final outcome.

Reactions: GeezerSquid

Attachments

• FB15D0DB-C9B3-4657-9162-7E52EDF2F13E.jpeg
    FB15D0DB-C9B3-4657-9162-7E52EDF2F13E.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 136
Chiming in on this - I got the EVFit Performance Pedals from Amazon (Amazon.com), which appears to be the exact same product as the Topfit performance pedals (https://www.amazon.com/topfit-Non-Slip-Performance-Aluminum-Covers/dp/B07DFZMTN8/) - I say this because the EVFit pedals came in a Topfit box, and all the markings on the EVFit pedals were the same as the Topfit one.

Even after watching multiple videos, placing the accelerator pedal in hot water, and using pry tools to get the pedal cover to fit over the accelerator, it was still a pain in the rear to install. I want to say it took a good 20-30 minutes to get the cover for the accelerator on, and it resulted in some bloody hands, (the brake pedal is much easier).

Reactions: kc1953