Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed lighted rear applique on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I've posted several times before I've been trying to install a modified Model S lighted rear applique on my Model 3, as it's my favorite mod on my Model S. After months of trying I finally succeeded today. It has the same functionality of the Model S version as well as all of the special effects I did all of the modifications to the S applique, installed the light board, and the controller. But I didn't want to try to do all of the wiring to the controller. As he's my go to guy for all of these kinds of things, Doug Pasini of Automotive Concepts in Timonium, MD did all of the wiring, which is complicated, as it requires tapping the turn signals, reverse, license plate lamps, and brake lights, then feeding most of the wire taps through the narrow rubber tube that connects the trunk lid to the body of the car. Took him about three hours at the most.

Here's my first short video of the Cylon/Kitt effect, which I usually set to automatically turn on when the car is parked. Here[s a video of that.

I'll shoot a video of all of the special effects that are available when the car is parked and what happens when the car is moving. In the meantime, here's a video of the S version with my Model S.

As I've posted several times before I've been trying to install a modified Model S lighted rear applique on my Model 3, as it's my favorite mod on my Model S. After months of trying I finally succeeded today. It has the same functionality of the Model S version as well as all of the special effects I did all of the modifications to the S applique, installed the light board, and the controller. But I didn't want to try to do all of the wiring to the controller. As he's my go to guy for all of these kinds of things, Doug Pasini of Automotive Concepts in Timonium, MD did all of the wiring, which is complicated, as it requires tapping the turn signals, reverse, license plate lamps, and brake lights, then feeding most of the wire taps through the narrow rubber tube that connects the trunk lid to the body of the car. Took him about three hours at the most.

Here's my first short video of the Cylon/Kitt effect, which I usually set to automatically turn on when the car is parked. Here[s a video of that.

I'll shoot a video of all of the special effects that are available when the car is parked and what happens when the car is moving. In the meantime, here's a video of the S version with my Model S.

I always enjoy reading about your mods. Is there a video rear lighted applique installation that shows how to access the reverse light wire in a model S. I installed a 7 pin hitch harness but its missing the signal for reverse lights now.