Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Torklift’s Eco Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the Eco Hitch on my model 3 this weekend. I can finally carry bikes again! The Hitch went on perfectly. Torklift packaged the hitch very well. I was really impressed with their packaging. The instructions leave a little to be desired but overall they were adequate. I also installed their front license plate holder called the Law.

Attachments

• 88A776DF-8E22-4CF4-AE03-28E4247244EA.jpeg
    88A776DF-8E22-4CF4-AE03-28E4247244EA.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 6CB2011E-54AB-4653-8D9A-BBF5482ECBD6.jpeg
    6CB2011E-54AB-4653-8D9A-BBF5482ECBD6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
Were those pop out pins around the wheel well or the trim around the trunk liner hard to get out?
Very easy to remove. The plastic trunk stops above the rear lights were a pain to remove.they screw on/off and there was some thread lock used so i had to use pliers to take them off being careful not to damage them. I also found that the wheel well lining was missing a pop out pin. 1 on each side! :(

• Informative
Reactions: Blue in NC
I installed my Ecohitch this weekend. Not too bad but rather nerve wracking to pull your new car apart. I think Torklift needs to add some details to the process but in case anyone else is about to install here are a few points.

1. When you remove the only two tork bolts from behind the rear wheels there is a metal clip that can come off. Keep an eye out for that.
  2. The trunk rest (looks like a 10 sided plastic nut) do unscrew. Mine were so tight I was not sure and the paperwork suggest to pull from the bottom. The youtube video helps here.
  3. The paperwork with my hitch were a little behind as Tesla keeps improving things so hit their youtube channel which has a video closer to what my Model 3 had.

Reactions: nam33r1
Does your average road bike look that wide compared to yours on that rack? Trying to get an idea how wide the M3 is.

Also what is the max towing capacity for that hitch?

I read of reports of concern for rust where these are bolted on, has that issue been addressed?

Does your average road bike look that wide compared to yours on that rack? Trying to get an idea how wide the M3 is.

Also what is the max towing capacity for that hitch?

I read of reports of concern for rust where these are bolted on, has that issue been addressed?

Model 3 - 72.8 inches in width (6 ft)

2000 lb tow capacity, 200 lb tongue weight.

Vinyl washer to place between the hitch and the frame to prevent corrosion. I would have preferred a full pad but this will do.

Last edited: