Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing a Instrument Cluster Dashboard Displayer mickey mouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I live in Sweden and have recently installed a Topfit instrument cluster in my M3LR. As you probably guess I have encountered the same problem as so many of you before me. The high light is always indicated.
Is there any of you who would like to send me the files I need to update the cluster?
Thanks!

@Tord I don't always have the latest versions, but whenenver I get one I put it up on my server. I leave the old versions there too. Sort by last modified for latest I've got up there.

As always, you are better off to get your firmware from your vendor instead of trusting randos on the internet.
My local vendor doesn’t know more about how to find the proper files for updating than I do. So I,m very thankful for your support and will save your server./Tord

My local vendor doesn’t know more about how to find the proper files for updating than I do. So I,m very thankful for your support and will save your server./Tord

My vendor is just one of the 4 letter Chinese sellers from Amazon. But they've been quite responsive when I make requests through the Amazon help system. Pretty sure they don't want to get on Amazon's bad side.

BTW, we call this TopFit, but I think TopFit are just another Chinese vendor too, and I don't think any of us know who actually makes it. The Carda logo is not easy to search/find for non Chinese speaking people. This thread started with a bunch of people saying what a terrible idea it was and that Tesla updates would kill it immediately. Yet here we are still getting updates as Tesla software changes. I'm still really happy with the device.

My vendor is just one of the 4 letter Chinese sellers from Amazon. But they've been quite responsive when I make requests through the Amazon help system. Pretty sure they don't want to get on Amazon's bad side.

BTW, we call this TopFit, but I think TopFit are just another Chinese vendor too, and I don't think any of us know who actually makes it. The Carda logo is not easy to search/find for non Chinese speaking people. This thread started with a bunch of people saying what a terrible idea it was and that Tesla updates would kill it immediately. Yet here we are still getting updates as Tesla software changes. I'm still really happy with the device.
Carda is not the only name for this device. Startech is another and it is generally a German brand.

Attachments

• BB12FE63-F701-46BF-9D8D-32996FD14BBB.png
    BB12FE63-F701-46BF-9D8D-32996FD14BBB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
Hello,
I am bit late here but I ran into issue where the high beam logo show when it is not on high beam on my Mickey Mouse TopFit dashboard display on my Telsa model 3. Does anyone have V1.4.26.101501R firmware? Much appreciated.

Hello,
I am bit late here but I ran into issue where the high beam logo show when it is not on high beam on my Mickey Mouse TopFit dashboard display on my Telsa model 3. Does anyone have V1.4.26.101501R firmware? Much appreciated.
You should be able to download it here. This is raw update page for the display hosted by EVoffer.

GitHub - evoffer/instrument-cluster-firmware: Firmware Update for Instrument Cluster (Tesla Model 3/Y) from EVOffer

I bought the display from them but actually got this software from another user here.Now I see that they started hosting this online . BTW I've been very happy with their customer service which is handled over Telegram.

Hello,
You should be able to download it here. This is raw update page for the display hosted by EVoffer.

GitHub - evoffer/instrument-cluster-firmware: Firmware Update for Instrument Cluster (Tesla Model 3/Y) from EVOffer

I bought the display from them but actually got this software from another user here.Now I see that they started hosting this online . BTW I've been very happy with their customer service which is handled over Telegram.
Nice~ I was able to download the zip file but looks like it is password protected and I was not able to extract it.... Do you happen to know the password? Again, thank you for all the help.

Got the latest version from the seller, which is 20221015, this fixed the issue with the High Beam symbol.
You can download it here (link is still 6 days valid):

Changelog:

V1.4.26.101501R
1. Modify the lamp CAN protocol (the lamp protocol change after Tesla OTA)

V1.4.25.1103Y
Test version, test whether some machines still have a black screen when they start

update content:
V1.4.25.01030
1. Fix the problem that the screen lights up occasionally after locking the car

update content:
V1.4.25.01007R
1. Fix the problem that the instrument does not turn off the screen after the car is locked when the original car system is upgraded to V10.2 (2021.32.21)

update content:
V1.4.25.0812R
1. Modify the key logic of entering the setting interface to prevent pressing the voice wake-up key to enter the setting interface
2. Modify the day and night mode settings in the settings interface, the auto option cannot be saved
Hello. Can I please get the firmware 20221015 V1.4.26.101501R? I ran into issue where the high beam logo shows when it is not on high beam on my Mickey Mouse TopFit dashboard display on my Telsa model 3. Thank you in advance.

Nice~ I was able to download the zip file but looks like it is password protected and I was not able to extract it.... Do you happen to know the password? Again, thank you for all the help.
Hi, sorry I was unaware of password protection. I could ask them, but instead I've just shared my Dropbox folder with the extracted files. You should be able to download them using this link:
Carda Display Update 20221015 Update Files JHCCAZ Dropbox Link

Please let me know if this works for you.

Reactions: seavine
Hi, sorry I was unaware of password protection. I could ask them, but instead I've just shared my Dropbox folder with the extracted files. You should be able to download them using this link:

Great! Really appreciate you going through the trouble to share the file and reply to my post. Thank you. I will try the upgrade and let you know!

Great! Really appreciate you going through the trouble to share the file and reply to my post. Thank you. I will try the upgrade and let you know!

That worked like a charm! The screen is not showing the incorrect high beam anymore! All looks great. Again, thank you for all your help!

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I’ll comment the same thing again. Why do we attack people? He did not ask if you liked it, he asked about install and safety. Clearly looking for an expert not an opinion about the interior design. Guess what, I too like gauges. Guess what else, most of the other electric cars coming out have them as well. maybe there was another reason for convincing all that minimalist was best like - I don’t know - it’s cheaper and easier?

Let the guy do what he wants to his car that he is paying for.
I agree with this. There’s no need to critique his opinion or choices. Just answer his question and move on. (BTW I strongly prefer a display right in front of me and am trying hard to find one I can trust. Teslogic maybe.)

Back on topic. I do wonder if devices like S3XY buttons might be a problem because they send information to the car. Devices like the mouse ears or Teslogic might not because they just receive diagnostic information. I honestly don’t know.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I agree with this. There’s no need to critique his opinion or choices. Just answer his question and move on. (BTW I strongly prefer a display right in front of me and am trying hard to find one I can trust. Teslogic maybe.)
Agree.
Back on topic. I do wonder if devices like S3XY buttons might be a problem because they send information to the car. Devices like the mouse ears or Teslogic might not because they just receive diagnostic information. I honestly don’t know.
This is a good topic also, but enhancing the user input control His a bit different than enhancing the screen displays. I realize some of these products include both.

To your point about sending CANbus commands, i just posted a comment about the S3XY buttons and the new Indiegogo control bar product - that is here but actually also within a thread about displays, that drifted onto the buttons topic.

There several threads about S3XY buttons, but I haven't been watching them closely because I don't have them at this time.