Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing additional USB ports in center console.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am doing that now but my phone complains that it is "charging slowly". The stock USB outlets don't seem to provide enough power for multiple devices from a single outlet.

Plus it would be nice to have something cleaner. I don't really like the mess of wires currently filling my cubby.

With one of the usb ports needed for Teslacam, I really wish there was at least one more USB port in the center console.

I was looking around on Amazon and saw these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTZ89NH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kH9eDbZY11530

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPJTKCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KS9eDbYT8FHPT

Has installed something like these in their Model 3?
I needed an extra socket for my 12 V Dashcam,
and I wanted to have
- a voltmeter to be aware about the status of the 12 V battery,
- to have some switches to be able to disconnect without unplugging,
- some visible LED from the outside of the car to know if the 12 V was running,
- and to have extra USB plugs.

So I finally choose this device: Cigarette Lighter Splitter, 100W 12V/24V 3 Sockets 4 USB Car Charger Adapter DC with Voltmeter

71mDRaE3YLL._SL1500_.jpg

This was just released today... They didn't release any specs on the output amps of the various ports though.

Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
I love the super clean look. But I bet it does not solve the slow charging problem.

If those 2 usb-c ports were magically able to support 30w usb-pd it would be totally perfect. But I bet no magic.

I wonder how difficult it would be to pull out the guts and connect those usb-c ports to a proper 12v ->USB-c transformer.

I love the super clean look. But I bet it does not solve the slow charging problem.

If those 2 usb-c ports were magically able to support 30w usb-pd it would be totally perfect. But I bet no magic.

I wonder how difficult it would be to pull out the guts and connect those usb-c ports to a proper 12v ->USB-c transformer.

30 watts at 5v needs 6 amps... even both front USB combined can't offer that (2.5 each).... you'll need to run something from the 12v in the armrest.... (which has enough to feed 12 amps continuous)