Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance difference LR vs PLAID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I know your mileage by vary and there are lots of individual things in play here. But for those considering the Plaid was the insurance way higher in your experience?

Using Progressive and their app to quote on my currently policy they don’t even have an option to differentiate between the different versions.

What are you guys seeing out there?

I've had Tesla insurance only since May of this year. It was significantly lower than my previous insurance provider (one of the traditional ins company), especially after they raised my premium this year. My current Tesla insurance rates for my 3 and Y have not changed.

Last edited:
Do you just ask Tesla for their insurance when you receive your vin? Or where do you go?
I've had Tesla insurance only since May of this year. It was significantly lower than my previous insurance provider (one of the traditional ins company), especially after they raised my premium this year. My current Tesla insurance rates for my 3 and Y have not changed.
Do you

Not an X Plaid, but these are my rates for Tesla Insurance in Virginia for 2023 S Plaid.

I'm trying not to let it bother me that Tesla is watching so I drive how I want.

You can see the default quote is safety score 90 at ~200 a month but my actual will be around 140 with a 97 score. A 99 score brings it to like 100 a month.

I haven't gone through the claim process yet so no idea if this insurance is good but its cheaper than everything else I've seen here in Virginia.

Also, don't have a quote for LR sorry. Did it in the App after VIN assigned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105_100319_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231105_100319_Tesla.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20231105_100355_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20231105_100355_Tesla.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 36
Not an X Plaid, but these are my rates for Tesla Insurance in Virginia for 2023 S Plaid.

I'm trying not to let it bother me that Tesla is watching so I drive how I want.

You can see the default quote is safety score 90 at ~200 a month but my actual will be around 140 with a 97 score. A 99 score brings it to like 100 a month.

I haven't gone through the claim process yet so no idea if this insurance is good but its cheaper than everything else I've seen here in Virginia.

Also, don't have a quote for LR sorry. Did it in the App after VIN assigned.
How do you see this? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to see my safety score.

Tesla insurance is based on real time driving? Lol

I’ll stick with the insurance that isn’t watching me. :p
If you prefer paying at the rate that represents the average driving behavior, you must be one of those pushing up the cost curve. Do you also live in one of those risky Florida areas...and demand your home insurance to be that of those in areas you consider boring? Like you (self-serving), I'd rather pay per the rate I earn. I think it isn't "being watched" that bothers you, it's "being watched as you drive recklessly" that does.

If you prefer paying at the rate that represents the average driving behavior, you must be one of those pushing up the cost curve. Do you also live in one of those risky Florida areas...and demand your home insurance to be that of those in areas you consider boring? Like you (self-serving), I'd rather pay per the rate I earn. I think it isn't "being watched" that bothers you, it's "being watched as you drive recklessly" that does.

Congratulations, I hereby dub thee, Karen.

You don’t have many friends huh? ;)

Reactions: towndrunk
You fear some imagined loss of your precious privacy but insist on others bearing your burden and sharing your cost; who among us is acting entitled / privileged?

If it takes a Karen to engage a Karen, you can “dub” me one as often as you like…Milord.

Last edited: