Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering Switching to a Demo Model S Plaid with 600 Miles - Any Experiences or Insights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm currently contemplating switching my existing order (EDD 10-12) to a demo Model S Plaid that's been driven for around 600 miles. While it comes with a slight discount, it isn't substantial. Before I even consider making the trip to inspect it, I'm really eager to hear from those who've purchased a demo version of the Model S Plaid.

What was your experience like? Were there any noticeable differences in terms of condition or performance compared to a brand new one? Obviously, I intend to do a thorough inspection before finalizing anything, but I'd love to get a sense of what to expect based on your experiences. Your feedback or insights would be invaluable to me in making an informed decision. Thank you in advance!

I’m not a fan of the Raleigh Tesla Dealership. I went there for twice this month already and it’s a very small, cramp and chaotic dealership. I went to the one closest to Charlotte and it was a wayyyy better experience. I’m going to take delivery at the Charlotte dealer even though it’s an extra 45 min drive compared to the Raleigh one.

I’m not a fan of the Raleigh Tesla Dealership. I went there for twice this month already and it’s a very small, cramp and chaotic dealership. I went to the one closest to Charlotte and it was a wayyyy better experience. I’m going to take delivery at the Charlotte dealer even though it’s an extra 45 min drive compared to the Raleigh one.
I've purchased a Tesla from each (and one from ATL). I found the Raleigh location to have better customer service when buying new, but the Charlotte location is larger. They have been working on the AC in Charlotte for like 2 years.

Charlotte Service is the best, IMO, that I've seen.

I've purchased a Tesla from each (and one from ATL). I found the Raleigh location to have better customer service when buying new, but the Charlotte location is larger. They have been working on the AC in Charlotte for like 2 years.

Charlotte Service is the best, IMO, that I've seen.
You're absolutely right about the Raleigh location; it can get a bit chaotic. We had a poor experience a few weeks ago picking up my wife's MXLR. Funny enough, I spotted a red MSP available in Charlotte just today, but it was gone in the blink of an eye before I could even consider switching to it. Goes to show how fast these cars are moving! Taking the longer drive for a smoother delivery experience in Charlotte sounds like a wise decision. Good luck with your delivery, and here's to hoping it's a seamless experience! 🚘🌟